From: Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton@linux.intel.com>
To: "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton@intel.com>
Cc: openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org
Subject: Re: Patchwork cleanup
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:00:41 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wednesday 10 September 2014 22:06:42 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 10 September 2014 21:21, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com>
wrote:
> >> I've started running the patchwork post-receive hook manually and
> >> marking as submitted many patches in the queue, but as there's 132
> >> patches of patches still (down from 140-odd!) in an attempt to restore
> >> sanity to the oe-core I think we should just mark as obsolete every
> >> patch that was submitted before a cutoff date, say 1st January 2014.
> >> Any thoughts?  As much as I'd love to ensure we didn't drop an
> >> excellent patch from 2012, I'm not going to manually check all the
> >> patches that the tool can't find automatically...
> >
> > I think its ok. Thanks for doing it.
>
> As you have access to the server, do you think you could do this with
> a carefully crafted bit of SQL directly to the database?  The
> alternative would be to find the patch ID that corresponds to "a year
> ago" and edit the state of every ID below that, which might take some
> time...

To be honest I'd rather not be this heavy-handed. I'd like to see what patches
might have fallen through the cracks; but that shouldn't mean that we have to
go through and mark them by hand. If you want me to look at writing a script
to do this I can, but I'd probably need a copy of the database to work with.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton