* Update on btrfs patch status
@ 2018-10-04 15:46 Michael Firth
From: Michael Firth @ 2018-10-04 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

Earlier this week I suffered some (minor) data loss after a kernel oops from BTRFS.

It looked very like the issue described in this mailing list post from 2016:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg60984.html

I was wondering if there was any information available on the "rollout" of the patches linked from that page, and in particular whether they have made it (or will make it) into the V4.9.X kernel version?

I'm currently running on the standard Debian 9 kernel, which is based on the V4.9.X tree (a patched version of 4.9.110 for the current release), and would like to try and find some route to get this issue patched on my system without having to build my own kernel (and hence have to maintain patching all other security issues myself)

If anyone wants the specific kernel trace of the bug to confirm it is the same issue, let me know. Alternatively, I have also asked about the problem on a Debian bug report, which has the trace attached:

Thanks

Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-10-04 15:56 UTC | newest]