* Suppor for a new usb webcam for the uvcdriver
@ 2019-03-07 18:26 Salvador Fernández
From: Salvador Fernández @ 2019-03-07 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi developers,

In the past( https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg147477.html
) I reported how to add support to a new HP USB webcam for the
uvcdriver driver. It was only a matter of adding de vendorId y
productId to the driver and the webcam worked perfectly. I believe
that change will not be included in future kernels.
Do I need to send a PATCH so that the change is accepted?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Un saludo,

Salvador Fernández

* Re: Suppor for a new usb webcam for the uvcdriver
@ 2019-04-01  7:59 ` Kieran Bingham
From: Kieran Bingham @ 2019-04-01  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Salvador,

Sorry for the delay here, I've just seen this due to searching on the
mailing list.

On 07/03/2019 18:26, Salvador ` wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> In the past( https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg147477.html
> ) I reported how to add support to a new HP USB webcam for the
> uvcdriver driver. It was only a matter of adding de vendorId y
> productId to the driver and the webcam worked perfectly. I believe
> that change will not be included in future kernels.
> Do I need to send a PATCH so that the change is accepted?

Yes, please do send a patch if you are able to.
Please add me, and Laurent on CC to make sure it doesn't get missed.

Thanks

Kieran