* [Buildroot] modules
@ 2019-03-05  6:20 Быстров Виталий
From: Быстров Виталий @ 2019-03-05  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi
I compile
https://github.com/philkingston/pios
no file
stblinux-3.3-3.0a.tar.bz2

I want to try compile BCM7231B0
kernel with modules for Debian

I have little knowledge for compile

On BCM7231B0
no video out HDMI and no sound
Debian working only via UART

If possible please help
Need stblinux-3.3-3.0a.tar.bz2
maybe this file includes bcm-refsw modules

Thank you
Regards , Vitaly

* [Buildroot] modules
@ 2019-03-05  9:28 ` Peter Korsgaard
       [not found]   ` <925021551779772@sas2-ce04c18c415c.qloud-c.yandex.net>
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2019-03-05  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hi
 > I compile
 > https://github.com/philkingston/pios
 > no file
 > stblinux-3.3-3.0a.tar.bz2

 > I want to try compile BCM7231B0
 > kernel with modules for Debian

 > I have little knowledge for compile

Ehh, why do you then contact the Buildroot developers and not the
maintainer of that pios repo, E.G. 'Phil Kingston'?

There is no reference to stblinux-3.3-3.0a.tar.bz2 anywhere in the
official Buildroot repository, so it must be a local change made in this
'pios' fork.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] modules
       [not found]   ` <925021551779772@sas2-ce04c18c415c.qloud-c.yandex.net>
@ 2019-03-05 12:34     ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2019-03-05 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hi
 > I when compile , link  http://sources.buildroot.net/stblinux-3.3-3.0a.tar.bz2
 > and no file ((

sources.buildroot.net is the default source code mirror for buildroot,
but we do not have any packages using that stblinux file, so we
(naturally) don't have the file.
)
 > https://github.com/philkingston/pios
 > note
 > Please feed suggestions, bug reports, insults, and bribes back to the
 > buildroot mailing list: buildroot at buildroot.org

That is correct for Buildroot itself, but this Phil Kingston has made
modifications to Buildroot including that stblinux file, so he is most
likely to be able to help you.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] modules
@ 2019-03-05 14:26       ` Быстров Виталий
From: Быстров Виталий @ 2019-03-05 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I have little knowledge for compile bcm-refsw

Possible make proprietary modules for BCM7231 ?
Without simbols (as in satellite receivers)

I have files and will sent bcm-refsw
refsw_release_unified_20140919.tgz
refswBCM.tar.gz

I run Debian via UART , only no TV out HDMI and no Sound
If possible help
Thank you
Regards , Vitaly

>> Hi
>> I when compile , link http://sources.buildroot.net/stblinux-3.3-3.0a.tar.bz2
>> and no file ((
>
> sources.buildroot.net is the default source code mirror for buildroot,
> but we do not have any packages using that stblinux file, so we
> (naturally) don't have the file.
> )
>> https://github.com/philkingston/pios
>> note
>> Please feed suggestions, bug reports, insults, and bribes back to the
>> buildroot mailing list: buildroot at buildroot.org
>
> That is correct for Buildroot itself, but this Phil Kingston has made
> modifications to Buildroot including that stblinux file, so he is most
> likely to be able to help you.
>
> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] modules
@ 2019-03-05 15:42         ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2019-03-05 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > I have little knowledge for compile bcm-refsw
 > Possible make proprietary modules for BCM7231 ?
 > Without simbols (as in satellite receivers)

Again, this is not the place to discuss development related to bcm7231
based devices. I have no experience with that platform.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] modules
@ 2019-03-05 15:53           ` Быстров Виталий