* git stash and --skip-worktree files
@ 2014-02-14  1:59 Mick Killianey
From: Mick Killianey @ 2014-02-14  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

My team is starting to use the --skip-worktree flag on files to allow them to keep modified files in their working directories.  Ideally, they'd like an option for "git-stash" to apply to skip-worktree files, just as it can (optionally) be applied to untracked files, so that skip-worktree files could be included when saving and restored (ideally, with the skip-worktree bit set) on a git-stash pop.

(1)  I don't see an option for "git-stash" to support skip-worktree files...is it there and I'm just not seeing it?
(2)  Does anyone know if there's a reason why this is not possible/unreasonable to support/philosophically discouraged?
(3)  If it is reasonable, where would the right place be to suggest/request this feature?

I'm happy to look at making such changes to git-stash.sh, but before I do so, I'd love to know that such work would be aligned with the design philosophy of git-stash.  (For example, if the git team would only want such an option if it also included the ability to stash assume-unchanged files, too, that would be useful to know before I start making changes.)

Mick

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-02-14  2:09 UTC | newest]