* "SMP security requested but not available" when BT_6lowpan connection
@ 2015-09-08  8:24 Zheng, Wu
From: Zheng, Wu @ 2015-09-08  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all,

When I use kernel 4.1.6 to test BT 6lowpan, the error of "SMP security requested but not available" is shown.

1. I use bluetoothctl power on

2. echo 1 > 6lowpan_enable

3. echo "connect 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 1" > 6lowpan_control.

Then "SMP security requested but not available".

I test kernel 4.1.3 and BT 6lowpan works well.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

Best Regards
Zheng Wu

* Re: "SMP security requested but not available" when BT_6lowpan connection
@ 2015-09-09  5:58 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2015-09-09  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zheng, Wu; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Wu,

> When I use kernel 4.1.6 to test BT 6lowpan, the error of "SMP security requested but not available" is shown.
>
> 1. I use bluetoothctl power on
>
> 2. echo 1 > 6lowpan_enable
>
> 3. echo "connect 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 1" > 6lowpan_control.
>
> Then "SMP security requested but not available".
>
> I test kernel 4.1.3 and BT 6lowpan works well.
>
> Any suggestion? Thanks.

can try to boot a bluetooth-next kernel and see if the error is still present. We included a fix for the warning.

Regards

Marcel

* RE: "SMP security requested but not available" when BT_6lowpan connection
@ 2015-09-09  6:46   ` Zheng, Wu
From: Zheng, Wu @ 2015-09-09  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: 'linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org'

Hi Marcel,

I will try it. Thanks.

Best Regards
Zheng Wu

@ 2015-09-11  5:08     ` Zheng, Wu
From: Zheng, Wu @ 2015-09-11  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Holtmann, Marcel; +Cc: 'linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org'

Hi Marcel,

6lowpan over BT LE works well in the bluetooth-next kernel.

The key patch is Johan's 0dd5c7aa199b25a88e9fa72824abaf0020ec8066.

For fixing the related bug in yocto project, I have submitted the patch to linux-yocto upstream.

Thanks.

Best Regards
Zheng Wu