* Help needed: devkit in tar file form
@ 2013-07-17 16:09 Nelson, Sam
From: Nelson, Sam @ 2013-07-17 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-arago

Hello all,
Is there a reason why the linux devkit is in a shell script form?

We are thinking about distributing the devkit as part of our windows based installer.  It helps customers to download and use the release from a windows machine.
Appreciate any feedback on this.

With regards,
Sam

* Re: Help needed: devkit in tar file form
@ 2013-07-17 16:31 ` Cooper Jr., Franklin
From: Cooper Jr., Franklin @ 2013-07-17 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nelson, Sam, meta-arago

This is how the toolchain portion of the SDK is created. You simply run the script which will ask you what to name it and where to run it and it will unpack itself.

@ 2013-07-17 16:35 ` Dmytriyenko, Denys
From: Dmytriyenko, Denys @ 2013-07-17 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-arago, Nelson, Sam

Because the devkit needs to be installed/relocated to the final destination. After that it cannot be moved. Take a look at how it's done in AMSDK to call the devkit installer from InstallJammer. But you can't do it from Windows.

Denys