* [QUESTION]
@ 2007-02-17  9:35 Patrick Ale
From: Patrick Ale @ 2007-02-17  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Allrighy,

Since somebody up there hates me and passed me a cool fever with a
body temperature of 39C I'll stay in bed, of course.

But I wouldnt be me if I would be stopped by some inferior fever this weekend.

So I am going to install my HP Pavilion dv8373 laptop with Linux.
Two SATA disks connected to a ICH7, Nvidia 256MB video card, mmc card
reader, bluetooth, firewire and a remote control.

Anything you guys and girls know of what I can face during installation?

Patrick

* Re: 【question】
@ 2019-11-15  7:29   ` oulijun
From: oulijun @ 2019-11-15  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin, Jason Gunthorpe; +Cc: linux-rdma, Linuxarm

在 2019/11/15 14:41, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin 写道:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/15/19 3:48 AM, oulijun wrote:
>> Hi, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin
>>    I noticed that the rdma-core repository has a suse directory. What is he used for?
> It contains the SUSE specific scripts and the spec file for the rdma-core RPM
OK, thanks

>> If I want to use the suse system directly, there is a user-mode driver for the rdma-core.Can he use it directly?
> I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do here.
> rdma-core RPM should be available from SUSE repo on all recent distros.
> For development purposes you could also build and use the upstream version. Easiest/cleanest way is probably to use cbuild to generate RPMs for you.
Yes. I mean, if I get a suse iso, is there a matching rdma-core version and directly run rdma app

> Nicolas
>
> .

* Re: 【question】
@ 2019-11-15  6:41 ` Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin
From: Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin @ 2019-11-15  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: oulijun, Jason Gunthorpe; +Cc: linux-rdma, Linuxarm

Hi,

On 11/15/19 3:48 AM, oulijun wrote:
> Hi, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin
>    I noticed that the rdma-core repository has a suse directory. What is he used for?

It contains the SUSE specific scripts and the spec file for the rdma-core RPM
> If I want to use the suse system directly, there is a user-mode driver for the rdma-core.Can he use it directly?

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do here.
rdma-core RPM should be available from SUSE repo on all recent distros.
For development purposes you could also build and use the upstream version. Easiest/cleanest way is probably to use cbuild to generate RPMs for you.

Nicolas

* 【question】
@ 2019-11-15  2:47 oulijun
From: oulijun @ 2019-11-15  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Gunthorpe, nmoreychaisemartin; +Cc: linux-rdma, Linuxarm

Hi, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin
   I noticed that the rdma-core repository has a suse directory. What is he used for?
If I want to use the suse system directly, there is a user-mode driver for the rdma-core.Can he use it directly?

Thanks
Lijun