* [Qemu-devel] question about binary translation on qemu
       [not found] <1876928241.4705653.1486475589080.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2017-02-07 13:53 ` oussema ben khedher
From: oussema ben khedher @ 2017-02-07 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

hi
in my academic project i needed to know how qemu exactly translate an arm instruction to the host assembly (in my case x86) so if you can help me to know the function in the source code of qemu that tdo this work
thank you

* Re: [Qemu-devel] question about binary translation on qemu
@ 2017-02-08 15:06   ` Frederic Konrad
From: Frederic Konrad @ 2017-02-08 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: oussema ben khedher; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 02/07/2017 02:53 PM, oussema ben khedher wrote:
> hi
> in my academic project i needed to know how qemu exactly translate an arm instruction to the host assembly (in my case x86) so if you can help me to know the function in the source code of qemu that tdo this work
> thank you

Hi,

There is a lot of code involved in the whole translation:
The guest instructions are not directly translated to the host
assembly but they are first translated in some intermediate OPs
(named TCG).

This translation takes place here:
void gen_intermediate_code(CPUARMState *env, TranslationBlock *tb)
In target/arm/translate.c

Fred