* Outreachy Patch Restrictions
@ 2021-10-07 23:46 Alison Schofield
From: Alison Schofield @ 2021-10-07 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gregkh; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

Hi Greg,

We are about to kick off the next contribution period for Outreachy Interns.
(October 8 - November 5)

I found this note and would like to know if this restriction still stands?

>> Please avoid sending patches for the drivers/staging/media directory
>> as Greg can't pick them in his tree during the contribution period.

Is there anything else contributors should be aware of for this round?

Thanks for your support,
Alison

* Re: Outreachy Patch Restrictions
@ 2021-10-08  1:14 ` Alison Schofield
From: Alison Schofield @ 2021-10-08  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hverkuil, gregkh; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On Thu, Oct 07, 2021 at 04:46:52PM -0700, Alison Schofield wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> We are about to kick off the next contribution period for Outreachy Interns.
> (October 8 - November 5)
>
> I found this note and would like to know if this restriction still stands?
>
> >> Please avoid sending patches for the drivers/staging/media directory
> >> as Greg can't pick them in his tree during the contribution period.

Hans,

Just read through some more backlog and see that you (Hans) welcomed these
patches in the last round. If you are still able to support these
patches, I'll drop this restriction.

Thanks!
Alison

@ 2021-10-08  5:43 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-10-08  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alison Schofield; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On Thu, Oct 07, 2021 at 04:46:51PM -0700, Alison Schofield wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> We are about to kick off the next contribution period for Outreachy Interns.
> (October 8 - November 5)
>
> I found this note and would like to know if this restriction still stands?
>
> >> Please avoid sending patches for the drivers/staging/media directory
> >> as Greg can't pick them in his tree during the contribution period.

For me, yes, this is still true.

> Is there anything else contributors should be aware of for this round?

Not that I know of, good luck!

greg k-h

* Re: Outreachy Patch Restrictions
@ 2021-10-08  8:14   ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2021-10-08  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alison Schofield, gregkh; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

Hi Alison,

On 08/10/2021 03:14, Alison Schofield wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2021 at 04:46:52PM -0700, Alison Schofield wrote:
>>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> We are about to kick off the next contribution period for Outreachy Interns.
>> (October 8 - November 5)
>>
>> I found this note and would like to know if this restriction still stands?

> Hans,
>
> Just read through some more backlog and see that you (Hans) welcomed these
> patches in the last round. If you are still able to support these
> patches, I'll drop this restriction.

I suggest we narrow the restriction: I can handle patches for drivers/staging/media,
but not for drivers/staging/media/atomisp. Last time reviewing patches for atomisp
took up way too much time for very little gain.

Regards,

	Hans

> Thanks!
> Alison
>

>> Is there anything else contributors should be aware of for this round?
>>
>> Thanks for your support,
>> Alison

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] Re: Outreachy Patch Restrictions
@ 2021-10-08  8:17     ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2021-10-08  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alison Schofield, gregkh; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On 08/10/2021 10:14, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi Alison,
>
> On 08/10/2021 03:14, Alison Schofield wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 07, 2021 at 04:46:52PM -0700, Alison Schofield wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Greg,
>>>
>>> We are about to kick off the next contribution period for Outreachy Interns.
>>> (October 8 - November 5)
>>>
>>> I found this note and would like to know if this restriction still stands?

>> Hans,
>>
>> Just read through some more backlog and see that you (Hans) welcomed these
>> patches in the last round. If you are still able to support these
>> patches, I'll drop this restriction.
>
> I suggest we narrow the restriction: I can handle patches for drivers/staging/media,
> but not for drivers/staging/media/atomisp. Last time reviewing patches for atomisp
> took up way too much time for very little gain.

Ah, and any patches for drivers/staging/media must be CC-ed to the linux-media
mailinglist. They should be anyway, but if not, then it is likely that I'll miss them.

Since I'm not a mentor this round I won't be actively monitoring outreachy-kernel.

Regards,

	Hans