* Macros from autoconf-archive are missing in SDK
@ 2020-08-25  8:15 Robert Tiemann
From: Robert Tiemann @ 2020-08-25  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Hi,

I have a few recipes depending on autoconf-archive (using
DEPENDS = "autoconf-archive"). The image is built correctly; the various m4
macros from autoconf-archive, however, do not end up in the SDK.

The SDK used to be complete in jethro, but now in dunfell these files are
missing. I *think* the line
SSTATE_EXCLUDEDEPS_SYSROOT += ".*->autoconf-archive-native"
in meta/conf/layer.conf is causing this, so I have tried adding
autoconf-archive-native to the DEPENDS variable of my recipes. This didn't
work, and now I don't know what else I could try.

What can I do to add the m4 files from autoconf-archive to the SDK?

Thank you,
Robert

* Re: [poky] Macros from autoconf-archive are missing in SDK
@ 2020-08-26  6:33 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2020-08-26  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Tiemann, poky

On 8/25/20 1:15 AM, Robert Tiemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few recipes depending on autoconf-archive (using
> DEPENDS = "autoconf-archive"). The image is built correctly; the various m4
> macros from autoconf-archive, however, do not end up in the SDK.
>
> The SDK used to be complete in jethro, but now in dunfell these files are
> missing. I *think* the line
> SSTATE_EXCLUDEDEPS_SYSROOT += ".*->autoconf-archive-native"
> in meta/conf/layer.conf is causing this, so I have tried adding
> autoconf-archive-native to the DEPENDS variable of my recipes. This didn't
> work, and now I don't know what else I could try.
>
> What can I do to add the m4 files from autoconf-archive to the SDK?

perhaps you need TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK_append = "
nativesdk-autoconf-archive" in config metadata somewhere like local.conf
or site.conf

@ 2020-08-26  7:44   ` Robert Tiemann
From: Robert Tiemann @ 2020-08-26  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

On 8/26/20 8:33 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

> perhaps you need TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK_append = " nativesdk-autoconf-archive" in config metadata somewhere like local.conf or site.conf

Yes, this works (I have added this to local.conf).
Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Robert