* Kernel configuration R-Car ALT(E2)
@ 2016-10-04 10:24 Jithin T Raj
From: Jithin T Raj @ 2016-10-04 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-renesas-soc; +Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven

   Thank you..shmobile_defconfig solvs my problem..now Ibuild kernel and deployed through nfs tftp into ALT Board..The board is accepting kernel but after some time I am getting some errors..I have attached the error log here

I have the rootfs of ALT Board in /exports folder..

Best Regards
Jithin T Raj

[-- Attachment #2: errorlog --]

INIT: version 2.88 booting
Starting udev
[    7.083779] udevd[679]: starting version 182
Starting Bootlog daemon: bootlogd: cannot allocate pseudo tty: No such file or directory
bootlogd.
[    8.047503] random: dd: uninitialized urandom read (512 bytes read, 95 bits of entropy available)
Populating dev cache
ALSA: Restoring mixer settings...
/usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1729: No soundcards found...
hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc': No such file or directory
Tue May 12 09:43:00 UTC 2015
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5misc/rtc': No
Configuring network interfaces... [    9.549974] random: nonblocking pool is initialized
ifup skipped for nfsroot interface eth0
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/nfsroot exited with code 1
Starting system message bus: dbus.
PVRSRVKM_PARAMS=
Module pvrsrvkm failed to load. Retrying.
Running /sbin/depmod
depmod: ERROR: could not open directory /lib/modules/4.7.5: No such file or directory
depmod: FATAL: could not search modules: No such file or directory
Couldn't load vsp2 module. Retrying...
depmod: ERROR: could not open directory /lib/modules/4.7.5: No such file or directory
depmod: FATAL: could not search modules: No such file or directory
Couldn't load vsp2 module.
Starting Dropbear SSH server: dropbear.
Starting rpcbind daemon...done.
Starting advanced power management daemon: No APM support in kernel
(failed.)
hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc': No such file or directory
Starting syslogd/klogd: done
 * Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon: avahi-daemon                       [ ok ]
Starting Telephony daemon
Starting Linux NFC daemon
Stopping Bootlog daemon: bootlogd.

* Re: Kernel configuration R-Car ALT(E2)
@ 2016-10-05  9:52 ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2016-10-05  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jithin T Raj; +Cc: linux-renesas-soc, Geert Uytterhoeven

Hello Jithin,

On Tuesday 04 Oct 2016 10:24:06 Jithin T Raj wrote:
>    Thank you..shmobile_defconfig solvs my problem..now Ibuild kernel and
> deployed through nfs tftp into ALT Board..The board is accepting kernel but
> after some time I am getting some errors..I have attached the error log
> here
>
> I have the rootfs of ALT Board in /exports folder..

Quickly looking at the log I don't see anything that's really kernel-specific
there. I think you have reached a point where you need to start debugging by
yourself, we can't do all the work for you.

Laurent Pinchart