* install python on target
@ 2013-06-24  6:29 Mattias Sahlén
From: Mattias Sahlén @ 2013-06-24  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello list,
I would like to install python on my target imx6 board. My meager google skills seem to suggest this is the way:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python" in conf/local.conf.

However, I got this error:

Generating solve db for /home/masa1/sabre/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/all...
Processing locale-base-en-us...
Processing locale-base-en-gb...
Processing gcc...
Processing i2c-tools...
Processing zxy100...
Processing strace...
Processing packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh...
Processing gpu-viv-bin-mx6q...
Processing psplash...
Processing python...
Processing gdb...
Processing asix...
Processing packagegroup-base-extended...
Processing libts-1.0-0...
Processing packagegroup-core-boot...
Unable to resolve package python
ERROR: some packages were missing
ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs.........

Any ideas? Is this not the way to add python to the build?

Mattias Sahlén

SW Developer VinnTer AB

* Re: install python on target
@ 2013-06-24  7:03 ` Erik Botö
From: Erik Botö @ 2013-06-24  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mattias Sahlén; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Mattias Sahlén
<mattias.sahlen@vinnter.se> wrote:
> Hello list,
> I would like to install python on my target imx6 board. My meager google
> skills seem to suggest this is the way:
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python" in conf/local.conf.
>
> However, I got this error:
>
> Generating solve db for /home/masa1/sabre/yocto/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/all...
> Processing locale-base-en-us...
> Processing locale-base-en-gb...
> Processing gcc...
> Processing i2c-tools...
> Processing zxy100...
> Processing strace...
> Processing packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh...
> Processing gpu-viv-bin-mx6q...
> Processing psplash...
> Processing python...
> Processing gdb...
> Processing asix...
> Processing packagegroup-base-extended...
> Processing libts-1.0-0...
> Processing packagegroup-core-boot...
> Unable to resolve package python
> ERROR: some packages were missing
> ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs.........
>
> Any ideas? Is this not the way to add python to the build?

If you look in tmp/deploy/rpm/armv7a_vfp_neon/ (or the one
corresponding to your arch) you'll see that even though the recipe is
called "python" there is no package called "python". If you change the
IMAGE_INSTALL_append line to add "python-core" (and maybe some more
modules depending on what you want to use, see list of generated rpms)
it should work.

Cheers,
Erik

> Mattias Sahlén
>
> SW Developer VinnTer AB

Erik Botö
Senior Software Engineer
Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)76 881 72 03
E-Mail: erik.boto@pelagicore.com

* Re: install python on target
@ 2013-06-24  7:11   ` Mattias Sahlén
From: Mattias Sahlén @ 2013-06-24  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Botö; +Cc: meta-freescale

It does indeed, thanks!

/Mattias

@ 2013-06-26 15:12   ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2013-06-26 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

On 24 June 2013 03:03, Erik Botö <erik.boto@pelagicore.com> wrote:
> If you look in tmp/deploy/rpm/armv7a_vfp_neon/ (or the one
> corresponding to your arch) you'll see that even though the recipe is
> called "python" there is no package called "python".

Yes, this is entirely correct.

For what it's worth, another way to see which packages are available
from a given recipe is to run:

    $ bitbake -e <recipe> | grep "^PACKAGES="

e.g.
$ bitbake -e python | grep "^PACKAGES="
PACKAGES="libpython2 python-dbg python-2to3 python-audio python-bsddb
python-codecs python-compile python-compiler python-compression
python-core python-crypt python-ctypes python-curses python-datetime
python-db python-debugger python-dev python-difflib
python-distutils-staticdev python-distutils python-doctest
python-elementtree python-email python-fcntl python-gdbm
python-hotshot python-html python-idle python-image python-io
python-json python-lang python-logging python-mailbox python-math
python-mime python-mmap python-multiprocessing python-netclient
python-netserver python-numbers python-pickle python-pkgutil
python-pprint python-profile python-pydoc python-re python-readline
python-resource python-robotparser python-shell python-smtpd
python-sqlite3 python-sqlite3-tests python-stringold python-subprocess
python-syslog python-terminal python-tests python-textutils
python-threading python-tkinter python-unittest python-unixadmin
python-xml python-xmlrpc python-zlib python-modules python-misc
python-man"