* ip_conntrack files
@ 2008-05-14 12:41 Martin
From: Martin @ 2008-05-14 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

I don't know if I'm getting more confused while working in this task,
but can't find where are source packages of ip_conntrack for kernel
source, all I find is the userspace daemon and some libs at netfilter
site.

¿Can someone tell me where to find them? I mean those that use
at /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/netfilter

Thanks

Martín

* Re: ip_conntrack files
@ 2008-05-14 21:01 ` Dave
From: Dave @ 2008-05-14 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mylists, netfilter

Hi Martin, I went down this road as well.

The source files seem to be included in the latest Patchomatic
sources. Did you check this site?
http://www.intra2net.com/de/produkte/opensource/ipt_account/

The POM will patch your kernel sources with the ACCOUNT tool, this
part worked flawlessly.

The source to add to the POM util is here if the files are not in your
POM already.
http://www.intra2net.com/de/produkte/opensource/ipt_account/pom-ng-ipt_ACCOUNT-1.12.tgz

I actually tried to compile the userspace tools for ACCOUNT but it
always failed, so I never got to use it.  Maybe you will have better
luck, please let us know if you are successful getting it up and
running.

Good luck
-Dave

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Martin <mylists@itcom.com.ar> wrote:
> I don't know if I'm getting more confused while working in this task,
> but can't find where are source packages of ip_conntrack for kernel
> source, all I find is the userspace daemon and some libs at netfilter
> site.
>
> ¿Can someone tell me where to find them? I mean those that use
> at /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/netfilter
>
> Thanks
>
> Martín

* Re: ip_conntrack files
@ 2008-05-14 21:58   ` Martin
       [not found]     ` <935fab200805141557x676acc9cp79906826b8c428b7@mail.gmail.com>
From: Martin @ 2008-05-14 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave; +Cc: netfilter

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 14:01 -0700, Dave wrote:
> Hi Martin, I went down this road as well.
>
> The source files seem to be included in the latest Patchomatic
> sources. Did you check this site?
> http://www.intra2net.com/de/produkte/opensource/ipt_account/
>
> The POM will patch your kernel sources with the ACCOUNT tool, this
> part worked flawlessly.
>
> The source to add to the POM util is here if the files are not in your
> POM already.
> http://www.intra2net.com/de/produkte/opensource/ipt_account/pom-ng-ipt_ACCOUNT-1.12.tgz
>
> I actually tried to compile the userspace tools for ACCOUNT but it
> always failed, so I never got to use it.  Maybe you will have better
> luck, please let us know if you are successful getting it up and
> running.
>
> Good luck
> -Dave

Thanks for the response Dave.

May be I didn't explain my problem very well, sorry I must improve my
english :S

I need ip_conntrack (core and some patchs like ftp and amanda), and
ip_connlimit, but looks like I can't find them.

I've downloaded POM, runed "./runme download" for extra packages, then
"./runme extra", but ip_conntrack and ip_connlimit aren't there, all
I've found are nf_conntrack and so.

Am I missing something? I just can't find the way to install them on a
2.6.25 vanilla kernel...

Thanks again for your help

cheers

Martin

* Re: ip_conntrack files
       [not found]     ` <935fab200805141557x676acc9cp79906826b8c428b7@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-05-15 12:30       ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2008-05-15 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: finalglide, netfilter

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 15:57 -0700, Dave wrote:
> Actually, I think I might have misread your message, my eyes are
> getting to me after all this compiling.  I believe all of these items
> you are looking for are already in the new kernel.  No need to patch,
> just enable them in the network settings of the kernel.  I use make
> menuconfig usually.
>
> Cheers
> -Dave

I supposed that, some new modules were at kernel that never seen before
(like the "nf_"), but two problems appears, so may be I must be
forgetting something.

1) I use to load modules ip_conntrack_ftp, ip_conntrack_irc,
ip_conntrack_tftp, ip_conntrack_amanda  and ip_conntrack_sip; but there
aren't modules like nf_conntrack_amanda and so.

2) Connlimit looks like is missing something. Ex:

# iptables -A FORWARD -s 10.10.28.0/24 -p tcp --dport 1024: -m connlimit
--connlimit-above 50 -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

iptables: Invalid argument

That's why I think may still need old ip_conn[track/limit] pathces.
Don't I?

Thanks again for your support

Martin