* Re: Building intel s2600wf image
@ 2019-02-15 16:31 Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-15 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello James,

I got the tree building now.

I have been performing some tests as well. One thing that popped up immediately is that there are no devices created for the kcs interface while the service for this is started.

I noticed that the facebook-tiogapass.dts has the items for kcs2 and 3 included while the s2600wf.dts doesn't assign addresses for these devices (leaving the kcs_addr at 0 causing the driver not to load).

I this intentional and do start the driver in another way or should I change the dts?

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:01:57 -0800
From: James Feist <james.feist@linux.intel.com>
To: openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org
Subject: Re: Building intel s2600wf image

On 2/14/19 3:49 PM, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2019, at 02:51, Wim Vervoorn wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are trying to build the Intel s2600wf image using the latest
>> OpenBMC tree. If we do that we are running into build errors.
>>
>> Before digging into this can you tell me which commit of the tree can
>> be used to build an image for  this device without errors. This
>> allows us to have a stable version for reference.

I tried to build today with latest trunk and there were some issues, I fixed them all today but all the bumps have to go through first.
Specifically this one:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/meta-intel/+/18410/

Then it needs to get synced into openbmc-openbmc, or you can checkout the patch with the above version of meta-phosphor and it should build.

Thanks

-James

End of openbmc Digest, Vol 42, Issue 36
***************************************

* Re: Building intel s2600wf image
@ 2019-02-15 22:08 ` James Feist
From: James Feist @ 2019-02-15 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Vervoorn, openbmc

On 2/15/19 8:31 AM, Wim Vervoorn wrote:
> I noticed that the facebook-tiogapass.dts has the items for kcs2 and 3 included while the s2600wf.dts doesn't assign addresses for these devices (leaving the kcs_addr at 0 causing the driver not to load).
>
> I this intentional and do start the driver in another way or should I change the dts?

The dts needs to have the kcs nodes added. This hasn't been upstreamed
yet. Should look like:

  +&kcs3 {
  +   kcs_addr = <0xCA2>;
  +   status = "okay";
  +};
  +
  +&kcs4 {
  +   kcs_addr = <0xCA4>;
  +   status = "okay";
  +};

Thanks,

James

* Re: Building intel s2600wf image
@ 2019-02-16  7:11   ` Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-16  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Feist; +Cc: openbmc

Hello James,

Thanks. This indeed causes the driver to load.

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn

@ 2019-02-20 13:34   ` Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-20 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Feist, openbmc

Hello James,

We got the KCS interface working on the OpenBmc but we are running into an issue we think is a missing part in the OpenBmc implementation at this moment.

We are using the KCS interface and what we see is that the SMS_ATN is set by OpenBmc. This at itself isn't an issue but it isn't cleared.

I don't think the issue is in the KCS driver this correctly implements the set and clear SMS_ATN functions.

From what I see the current implementation of ipmi-host doesn't issue a clear SMS_ATN call anywhere.

I guess this code was developed using the BT interface (in this case the host clears the SMS_ATN).

To solve this the SMS_ATN should be cleared when the message que is empty and when the SetMessageFlags clears all flags.

Is this code already available and nog yet checked in or should we implement this?

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn

@ 2019-02-20 19:02     ` James Feist
From: James Feist @ 2019-02-20 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Vervoorn, openbmc; +Cc: cheng.c.yang

On 2/20/19 5:34 AM, Wim Vervoorn wrote:
> Hello James,
>
> We got the KCS interface working on the OpenBmc but we are running into an issue we think is a missing part in the OpenBmc implementation at this moment.
>
> We are using the KCS interface and what we see is that the SMS_ATN is set by OpenBmc. This at itself isn't an issue but it isn't cleared.
>
> I don't think the issue is in the KCS driver this correctly implements the set and clear SMS_ATN functions.
>
>  From what I see the current implementation of ipmi-host doesn't issue a clear SMS_ATN call anywhere.
>
> I guess this code was developed using the BT interface (in this case the host clears the SMS_ATN).
>
> To solve this the SMS_ATN should be cleared when the message que is empty and when the SetMessageFlags clears all flags.
>
> Is this code already available and nog yet checked in or should we implement this?

Hi Wim,

I just pushed the patch we are currently using downstream for this issue:

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/+/18568/

It probably isn't ready to be merged in it's current state, but
hopefully you'll find it useful.

Thanks,

James

@ 2019-02-21  8:37       ` Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-21  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Feist, openbmc; +Cc: cheng.c.yang

Hello James,

Thanks for the patch.

This should solve a case where the SMS_ATN is asserted from the start. However I am wondering if this is the full solution for the issue.

The thing is that the SMS_ATN is set by the driver as well. Not only as a spurious occasion. According to the IPMI specification the SMS_ATN should be removed by the BMC once the condition handled. So basically SMS_ATN should cleared when all three event bits in the status are cleared. This can either be done by the Clear Message Flags or when e.g. a message has been read and the message que is empty. These situations are not addressed by this code.

Best regards,

Wim Vervoor

@ 2019-02-28 20:43 ` Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-02-28 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Vervoorn, openbmc

Hi Wim,
How did you get pass through below build issue as I am still seeing it.

/home/vijaykhemka/proj/openbmc/lf/feb04-lf/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+cac97a533b-r0/git/src/utils.cpp:1:10: fatal error: phosphor-ipmi-host/utils.hpp: No such file or directory
|  #include "phosphor-ipmi-host/utils.hpp"

Regards
-Vijay

    Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:01:57 -0800
    From: James Feist <james.feist@linux.intel.com>
    To: openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org

    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gerrit.openbmc-2Dproject.xyz_-23_c_openbmc_meta-2Dintel_-2B_18410_&d=DwIFAg&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=v9MU0Ki9pWnTXCWwjHPVgpnCR80vXkkcrIaqU7USl5g&m=QRpoa-4tGjraSx8kxeto2gijhk4dt4XPwhm2RV88RdI&s=r5MZQfSThTd8HJr57HnHEalVYbNVEnd2SSEhu0FZTVQ&e=

@ 2019-03-01  9:56   ` Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-03-01  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka, openbmc

Hello Vijay,

Please make sure to use this bb file to het the file copied:

https://github.com/openbmc/meta-intel/tree/master/meta-common/recipes-phosphor/ipmi

do_install_append(){
  install -d ${D}${includedir}/phosphor-ipmi-host
  install -m 0644 -D ${S}/utils.hpp ${D}${includedir}/phosphor-ipmi-host
  install -m 0644 -D ${S}/types.hpp ${D}${includedir}/phosphor-ipmi-host
  install -m 0644 -D ${S}/sensorhandler.hpp ${D}${includedir}/phosphor-ipmi-host
  install -m 0644 -D ${S}/selutility.hpp ${D}${includedir}/phosphor-ipmi-host
}

    Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:01:57 -0800
    From: James Feist <james.feist@linux.intel.com>
    To: openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org

@ 2019-02-18  2:43     ` Andrew Jeffery
From: Andrew Jeffery @ 2019-02-18  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Vervoorn, openbmc

Hi Wim,

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019, at 18:23, Wim Vervoorn wrote:
> [...]
> march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/
> tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC
> +c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/
> zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/
> zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/
> zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc/build/
> tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC
> +c04e2e70d3-r0/git/src/sensorcommands.cpp
> ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
> WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
> ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/wiv/
> openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/
> 0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.15661)
>

> I hope this is sufficient to take things further.

Thanks for providing the extra details. I understand you and James have
sorted things out though, so we'll leave it there :)

Cheers

Andrew

* RE: Building intel s2600wf image
@ 2019-02-15  7:53   ` Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-15  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Jeffery, openbmc

[...]

[1/6] /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi-g++  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_NO_RTTI -DBOOST_NO_TYPEID -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -Dzinteloemcmds_EXPORTS -I/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/include -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0=/usr/src/debug/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot= -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native=  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/utils.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/utils.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/utils.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/src/utils.cpp
[...]
/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/src/utils.cpp:1:10: fatal error: phosphor-ipmi-host/utils.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include "phosphor-ipmi-host/utils.hpp"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
[2/6] /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi-g++  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_NO_RTTI -DBOOST_NO_TYPEID -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -Dzinteloemcmds_EXPORTS -I/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/include -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0=/usr/src/debug/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot= -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native=  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/oemcommands.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/oemcommands.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/oemcommands.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/src/oemcommands.cpp
[...]
/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/src/oemcommands.cpp:25:10: fatal error: phosphor-ipmi-host/utils.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include <phosphor-ipmi-host/utils.hpp>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
[3/6] /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi-g++  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_NO_RTTI -DBOOST_NO_TYPEID -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -Dzinteloemcmds_EXPORTS -I/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/include -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0=/usr/src/debug/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot= -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native=  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/storagecommands.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/storagecommands.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/storagecommands.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/src/storagecommands.cpp
[...]
In file included from /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/src/storagecommands.cpp:25:
/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/include/storagecommands.hpp:19:10: fatal error: phosphor-ipmi-host/sensorhandler.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include <phosphor-ipmi-host/sensorhandler.hpp>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
[4/6] /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi-g++  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_NO_RTTI -DBOOST_NO_TYPEID -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -Dzinteloemcmds_EXPORTS -I/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/include -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0=/usr/src/debug/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot= -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot-native=  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/src/sensorcommands.cpp
[...]
/home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/git/src/sensorcommands.cpp:25:10: fatal error: phosphor-ipmi-host/utils.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include <phosphor-ipmi-host/utils.hpp>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/wiv/openbmc-2.6.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+f426f334c6-r0/temp/log.do_compile.28169)

For referece, when using the head I got this:

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
NOTE: VERBOSE=1 cmake --build /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/build --target all -- -j 4
[1/6] /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi-g++  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_NO_RTTI -DBOOST_NO_TYPEID -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -Dzinteloemcmds_EXPORTS -I/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/include -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0=/usr/src/debug/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot= -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native=  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/storagecommands.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/storagecommands.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/storagecommands.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/src/storagecommands.cpp
[...]
/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/src/storagecommands.cpp:23:10: fatal error: phosphor-ipmi-host/selutility.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include <phosphor-ipmi-host/selutility.hpp>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
[2/6] /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi-g++  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_NO_RTTI -DBOOST_NO_TYPEID -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -Dzinteloemcmds_EXPORTS -I/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/include -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0=/usr/src/debug/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot= -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native=  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/oemcommands.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/oemcommands.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/oemcommands.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/src/oemcommands.cpp
[3/6] /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi-g++  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_NO_RTTI -DBOOST_NO_TYPEID -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -Dzinteloemcmds_EXPORTS -I/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/include -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0=/usr/src/debug/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot= -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native=  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/utils.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/utils.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/utils.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/src/utils.cpp
[4/6] /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/arm-openbmc-linux-gnueabi-g++  -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_NO_RTTI -DBOOST_NO_TYPEID -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -Dzinteloemcmds_EXPORTS -I/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/include -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot  -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0=/usr/src/debug/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot= -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot-native=  -fvisibility-inlines-hidden  -march=armv6 -marm -mtune=arm1176jz-s  --sysroot=/home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/recipe-sysroot -fPIC   -std=gnu++17 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o -MF CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o.d -o CMakeFiles/zinteloemcmds.dir/src/sensorcommands.cpp.o -c /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/git/src/sensorcommands.cpp
WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/wiv/openbmc/build/tmp/work/armv6-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/intel-ipmi-oem/0.1+gitAUTOINC+c04e2e70d3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.15661)

I hope this is sufficient to take things further.

Wim

1. What "the latest" OpenBMC tree is
2. What environment you're trying to build it in 3. How you are configuring and invoking the build 4. What error you are actually hitting 5. Whether you have searched the issue tracker for others reporting the same problem

Regarding 1, we have a very definite way of identifying versions: The commit ID of the openbmc/openbmc repository. OpenBMC is a fast moving project, and your "latest" tree might not look like my "latest"
tree. Please make sure to provide the output of `git rev-parse HEAD` from your working directory with your issues/queries.

Regarding 2, are you building on a physical or virtual machine? What OS are you running? How much RAM and disk space do you have available for the build (at a guess you should probably have at least 8GiB of RAM and 50GiB of disk space free). Which OS you're running influences which compilers you have available for bootstrap and if they're too old or too new they may cause issues. Please describe your full environment.

Regarding 3, it's not clear if you've even configured yourself to build Hia s2600wf image like you're claiming, or if you're correctly invoking bitbake. Please provide the exact commands you used to configure and build your image.

Regarding 4 there's literally nothing we can do to help you other than say "Commit ID X works for me" in response. This may even be the same commit that you're failing to build. If we know the details of the problem then if it is something unexpected we can help fix it.
This means you need to provide the failure output from bitbake,
*and* any logs that output might reference.

Finally, regarding 5, the best way to get help is often to help yourself.
Please make sure you've searched the issue tracker before asking for help on the mailing list. In fact, typically, you'll get a better response by actually opening a new issue if you have a new problem, as it gives us a central point to collaborate around to resolve your problem.

I hope the above isn't too much of an affront, but I'm trying to help you help us help you. We'll all be better off if you can provide us with more information and make proper use of the systems we have in place to deal with bugs.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019, at 02:51, Wim Vervoorn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to build the Intel s2600wf image using the latest
> OpenBMC tree. If we do that we are running into build errors.
>
> Before digging into this can you tell me which commit of the tree can
> be used to build an image for  this device without errors. This allows
> us to have a stable version for reference.

Sorry to say this, but what you've written is a textbook example of how not to ask for help :/

Things I don't know from the above:

[...]

Cheers,

Andrew

* Re: Building intel s2600wf image
@ 2019-02-15  0:01   ` James Feist
From: James Feist @ 2019-02-15  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

@ 2019-02-14 23:49 ` Andrew Jeffery
From: Andrew Jeffery @ 2019-02-14 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Vervoorn, openbmc

@ 2019-02-14 16:21 Wim Vervoorn
From: Wim Vervoorn @ 2019-02-14 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello,

We are trying to build the Intel s2600wf image using the latest OpenBMC tree. If we do that we are running into build errors.

Before digging into this can you tell me which commit of the tree can be used to build an image for  this device without errors. This allows us to have a stable version for reference.

Best Regards,

Wim Vervoorn
Eltan B.V.