* Suitable value for bonding module's tx_queues?
@ 2021-11-09 20:58 Johannes Lundberg
From: Johannes Lundberg @ 2021-11-09 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi

Please cc me on reply since I'm not subscribed.

I'm wondering when you want to change tx_queues from default 16. Should
this match the total number of queues of all the members of the bond?
Let's say I got 2 interfaces, each with 24 queues on a 24 CPU system in
a bond. Should I load bonding with 24 to match the number of CPUs or 48
to match the total number of queues of the members, or leave at default
because it's not relevant?

Thanks!

* Re: Suitable value for bonding module's tx_queues?
@ 2021-11-10  0:29 ` Eric Dumazet
From: Eric Dumazet @ 2021-11-10  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Lundberg, netdev

On 11/9/21 12:58 PM, Johannes Lundberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please cc me on reply since I'm not subscribed.
>
> I'm wondering when you want to change tx_queues from default 16. Should this match the total number of queues of all the members of the bond? Let's say I got 2 interfaces, each with 24 queues on a 24 CPU system in a bond. Should I load bonding with 24 to match the number of CPUs or 48 to match the total number of queues of the members, or leave at default because it's not relevant?
>
> Thanks!

Unless you add a mq qdisc on the bonding device, "number of tx queues" does not matter
because bonding is a virtual device, with NETIF_F_LLTX