* [cip-dev] Slide for CIP presentation at Open Source Summit Europe 2018
@ 2018-10-23  9:19 KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
From: KOBAYASHI Yoshitake @ 2018-10-23  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi All,

I have uploaded the slide for OSSE ath the following URL:
  https://schd.ws/hosted_files/osseu18/9b/2018-10-22_CIP_OSSEU18.pdf

In this presentation, we show how CIP works with upstream projects.
Please take a look.

Best regards,
Yoshi

* [cip-dev] Slide for CIP presentation at Open Source Summit Europe 2018
@ 2018-10-29 17:27 ` Agustín Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustín Benito Bethencourt @ 2018-10-29 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Yoshi,

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 11:19:31 CET KOBAYASHI Yoshitake wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have uploaded the slide for OSSE ath the following URL:
>   https://schd.ws/hosted_files/osseu18/9b/2018-10-22_CIP_OSSEU18.pdf
>
> In this presentation, we show how CIP works with upstream projects.
> Please take a look.

A couple of comments on the slides from ELCE 2018...

1.- As outcome of the booth at ELCE 2018, Daniel Sangorrin raised today at  the TSC meeting the confusion that some people have between YOCTO and CIP. He expressed that some people think we are related.

Checking the slides of the CIP presentation, I see in slide 11 the following sentence as title:

"Open Source Summit Europe 2018  What is ?Open Source Base Layer (OSBL)??"

Maybe, in order to avoid any confusion when it comes to Yocto, we should not use the word "Layer". The same applies to slide 35

2.- I think it would be interesting to change slide 19 for the next event. I am sure we can find better ways  to express that we are helping in the stable review process without adding an examples that expose people that are not involved in CIP.

3.- I would add the board name of the  image below it.

4.- I think there has been  an improvements on the Backport patches process diagrams over time. You have done a good job there. I still think though there are too complicated for most people unfamiliar with these kind of processes. Is it worth trying a different approach like bullet points with the key messages? Just a suggestion.

Best Regards

Best Regards
--
Agust?n Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant

* [cip-dev] Slide for CIP presentation at Open Source Summit Europe 2018
@ 2018-10-29 17:29   ` Agustín Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustín Benito Bethencourt @ 2018-10-29 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

On Monday, 29 October 2018 18:27:34 CET Agust?n Benito Bethencourt wrote:

<snip>
> 3.- I would add the board name of the  image below it.

On slide 21

Best Regards

--

@ 2018-10-31  1:33   ` KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
From: KOBAYASHI Yoshitake @ 2018-10-31  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Agustin,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

On 2018/10/30 2:27, Agust?n Benito Bethencourt wrote:
> Hi Yoshi,
>
> On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 11:19:31 CET KOBAYASHI Yoshitake wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have uploaded the slide for OSSE ath the following URL:
>>   https://schd.ws/hosted_files/osseu18/9b/2018-10-22_CIP_OSSEU18.pdf
>>
>> In this presentation, we show how CIP works with upstream projects.
>> Please take a look.
>
> A couple of comments on the slides from ELCE 2018...
>
> 1.- As outcome of the booth at ELCE 2018, Daniel Sangorrin raised today at  the TSC meeting the confusion that some people have between YOCTO and CIP. He expressed that some people think we are related.
>
> Checking the slides of the CIP presentation, I see in slide 11 the following sentence as title:
>
> "Open Source Summit Europe 2018  What is ?Open Source Base Layer (OSBL)??"
>
> Maybe, in order to avoid any confusion when it comes to Yocto, we should not use the word "Layer". The same applies to slide 35

Since CIP project was launched, we use this terminology to explain CIP's concept.
This terminology relate question comes several times.
The other option might be adding a FAQ to explain the difference between Yocto's "meta layer" and "base layer".

> 2.- I think it would be interesting to change slide 19 for the next event. I am sure we can find better ways  to express that we are helping in the stable review process without adding an examples that expose people that are not involved in CIP.

I agree with that, thanks.

@ 2018-11-01 15:20 ` Robert Marshall
From: Robert Marshall @ 2018-11-01 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

KOBAYASHI Yoshitake <yoshitake.kobayashi@toshiba.co.jp> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I have uploaded the slide for OSSE ath the following URL:
>   https://schd.ws/hosted_files/osseu18/9b/2018-10-22_CIP_OSSEU18.pdf
>
> In this presentation, we show how CIP works with upstream projects.
> Please take a look.

Another comment - I think on slide 20 - the text bubble 2/3s of the way
down - should read 'mentored by Ben Hutchings'

Robert