* lvm git "pre-release" "post-release" question
@ 2017-02-01 10:38 Oliver Rath
From: Oliver Rath @ 2017-02-01 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lvm-devel

Hi list,

every time you offer a new version number, in git I see these
"pre-release" "post-release" commits. What is it good for? Is this a
git-functionality or what kind of tool you are using for this?

TfH!
Oliver

* lvm git "pre-release" "post-release" question
@ 2017-02-01 11:14 ` Alasdair G Kergon
From: Alasdair G Kergon @ 2017-02-01 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lvm-devel

On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 11:38:14AM +0100, Oliver Rath wrote:
> every time you offer a new version number, in git I see these
> "pre-release" "post-release" commits. What is it good for? Is this a
> git-functionality or what kind of tool you are using for this?

Those commits simply update the version number/date and tidy the changelog
before/after generating a tarball.

Alasdair