* [GIT PULL] nvme fabrics patches for the next round of 4.9 rc
@ 2016-11-09  8:02 Sagi Grimberg
From: Sagi Grimberg @ 2016-11-09  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey Jens,

Mostly some stability fixes for fabrics:
- some memleaks, correctness and verbosity fixes from Bart
- fix command delivery during queue reconnect from Christoph
- nvme rdma reconnect vs io race fix from Christoph and steve
- nvme rdma queue cleanup on connection failure fix from Steve
- nvme rdma target error flow and queue teardown fixes
- nvme rdma queue size fix from Samuel
- nvmet namespace rcu race fix from Sasha

please pull from:

  git://git.infradead.org/nvme-fabrics.git nvmf-4.9-rc

Bart Van Assche (6):
      nvmet-rdma: Fix REJ status code
      nvme/scsi: Remove set-but-not-used variables
      nvme-fabrics: Adjust source code indentation
      nvme-fabrics: Fix memory leaks in nvmf_parse_options()
      nvme-fabrics: Fix a memory leak in an nvmf_create_ctrl() error path
      nvmet-rdma: Fix possible NULL deref when handling rdma cm events

Christoph Hellwig (1):
      nvme-rdma: reject non-connect commands before the queue is live

Sagi Grimberg (4):
      nvme-rdma: remove redundant define
      nvmet: Don't queue fatal error work if csts.cfs is set
      nvmet-rdma: don't forget to delete a queue from the list of connection failed
      nvmet-rdma: drain the queue-pair just before freeing it

Samuel Jones (1):
      nvme-rdma: force queue size to respect controller capability

Solganik Alexander (1):
      nvmet: Fix possible infinite loop triggered on hot namespace removal

Steve Wise (1):
      nvme-rdma: stop and free io queues on connect failure

 drivers/nvme/host/fabrics.c    |  9 ++++----
 drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c       | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 drivers/nvme/host/scsi.c       | 11 ++-------
 drivers/nvme/target/configfs.c |  6 ++---
 drivers/nvme/target/core.c     | 24 ++++++++++++--------
 drivers/nvme/target/nvmet.h    |  6 +----
 drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c     | 23 +++++++++++++++----

* [GIT PULL] nvme fabrics patches for the next round of 4.9 rc
@ 2016-11-09 16:04 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2016-11-09 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/09/2016 01:02 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
> Hey Jens,
>
> Mostly some stability fixes for fabrics:
> - some memleaks, correctness and verbosity fixes from Bart
> - fix command delivery during queue reconnect from Christoph
> - nvme rdma reconnect vs io race fix from Christoph and steve
> - nvme rdma queue cleanup on connection failure fix from Steve
> - nvme rdma target error flow and queue teardown fixes
> - nvme rdma queue size fix from Samuel
> - nvmet namespace rcu race fix from Sasha
>
> please pull from:
>
>   git://git.infradead.org/nvme-fabrics.git nvmf-4.9-rc

I'm scanning the list for anything that might NOT be appropriate this
late in the cycle, and I see a few:

     nvme/scsi: Remove set-but-not-used variables
     nvme-fabrics: Adjust source code indentation
     nvme-rdma: remove redundant define

I can pull this in for 4.10 without hesistation, but I don't want to
send a pull request for a fairly new feature with 3 of the commits being
cleanups for -rc5.

Let me know what you want to do.

--
Jens Axboe

* [GIT PULL] nvme fabrics patches for the next round of 4.9 rc
@ 2016-11-10 22:49   ` Steve Wise
From: Steve Wise @ 2016-11-10 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 11/09/2016 01:02 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
> > Hey Jens,
> >
> > Mostly some stability fixes for fabrics:
> > - some memleaks, correctness and verbosity fixes from Bart
> > - fix command delivery during queue reconnect from Christoph
> > - nvme rdma reconnect vs io race fix from Christoph and steve
> > - nvme rdma queue cleanup on connection failure fix from Steve
> > - nvme rdma target error flow and queue teardown fixes
> > - nvme rdma queue size fix from Samuel
> > - nvmet namespace rcu race fix from Sasha
> >
> > please pull from:
> >
> >   git://git.infradead.org/nvme-fabrics.git nvmf-4.9-rc
>
> I'm scanning the list for anything that might NOT be appropriate this
> late in the cycle, and I see a few:
>
>      nvme/scsi: Remove set-but-not-used variables
>      nvme-fabrics: Adjust source code indentation
>      nvme-rdma: remove redundant define
>
> I can pull this in for 4.10 without hesistation, but I don't want to
> send a pull request for a fairly new feature with 3 of the commits being
> cleanups for -rc5.
>
> Let me know what you want to do.

It would be great to get the kato/reconnect fixes in 4.9...

* [GIT PULL] nvme fabrics patches for the next round of 4.9 rc
@ 2016-11-11  5:11     ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2016-11-11  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/10/2016 03:49 PM, Steve Wise wrote:
>> On 11/09/2016 01:02 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
>>> Hey Jens,
>>>
>>> Mostly some stability fixes for fabrics:
>>> - some memleaks, correctness and verbosity fixes from Bart
>>> - fix command delivery during queue reconnect from Christoph
>>> - nvme rdma reconnect vs io race fix from Christoph and steve
>>> - nvme rdma queue cleanup on connection failure fix from Steve
>>> - nvme rdma target error flow and queue teardown fixes
>>> - nvme rdma queue size fix from Samuel
>>> - nvmet namespace rcu race fix from Sasha
>>>
>>> please pull from:
>>>
>>>   git://git.infradead.org/nvme-fabrics.git nvmf-4.9-rc
>>
>> I'm scanning the list for anything that might NOT be appropriate this
>> late in the cycle, and I see a few:
>>
>>      nvme/scsi: Remove set-but-not-used variables
>>      nvme-fabrics: Adjust source code indentation
>>      nvme-rdma: remove redundant define
>>
>> I can pull this in for 4.10 without hesistation, but I don't want to
>> send a pull request for a fairly new feature with 3 of the commits being
>> cleanups for -rc5.
>>
>> Let me know what you want to do.
>
> It would be great to get the kato/reconnect fixes in 4.9...

Sagi? I'm sending patches for -rc5 tomorrow. Let's get this batch split
in a 4.9 and 4.10 chunk.

--
Jens Axboe

* [GIT PULL] nvme fabrics patches for the next round of 4.9 rc
@ 2016-11-12 20:58       ` Sagi Grimberg
From: Sagi Grimberg @ 2016-11-12 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> I'm scanning the list for anything that might NOT be appropriate this
>>> late in the cycle, and I see a few:
>>>
>>>      nvme/scsi: Remove set-but-not-used variables
>>>      nvme-fabrics: Adjust source code indentation
>>>      nvme-rdma: remove redundant define
>>>
>>> I can pull this in for 4.10 without hesistation, but I don't want to
>>> send a pull request for a fairly new feature with 3 of the commits being
>>> cleanups for -rc5.
>>>
>>> Let me know what you want to do.
>>
>> It would be great to get the kato/reconnect fixes in 4.9...
>
> Sagi? I'm sending patches for -rc5 tomorrow. Let's get this batch split
> in a 4.9 and 4.10 chunk.

Hi Jens,

Sorry for the late reply, I've updated nvmf-4.9-rc to contain
only the fixes. I'll start nvmf-4.10 next week.

The diffstats:
Bart Van Assche (4):
       nvmet-rdma: Fix REJ status code
       nvme-fabrics: Fix memory leaks in nvmf_parse_options()
       nvme-fabrics: Fix a memory leak in an nvmf_create_ctrl() error path
       nvmet-rdma: Fix possible NULL deref when handling rdma cm events

Christoph Hellwig (1):
       nvme-rdma: reject non-connect commands before the queue is live

Sagi Grimberg (3):
       nvmet: Don't queue fatal error work if csts.cfs is set
       nvmet-rdma: don't forget to delete a queue from the list of
connection failed
       nvmet-rdma: drain the queue-pair just before freeing it

Samuel Jones (1):
       nvme-rdma: force queue size to respect controller capability

Solganik Alexander (1):
       nvmet: Fix possible infinite loop triggered on hot namespace removal

Steve Wise (1):
       nvme-rdma: stop and free io queues on connect failure

Thanks,
Sagi.