* Btrfs progs release 5.18
@ 2022-05-25 14:06 David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2022-05-25 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

btrfs-progs version 5.18 have been released.

Changelog:
* fixes:
  * dump-tree: don't print traling zeros in checksums
  * recognize paused balance as exclusive operation state, allow to start
    device add
  * convert: properly initialize target filesystem label
  * mkfs: don't create free space bitmaps for empty filesystem
* restore: make lzo support build-time configurable, print supported
  compression in help text
* update kernel-lib sources
* other:
  * documentation updates, finish conversion to RST, CHANGES and INSTALL
    could be included into RST
  * fix build detection of experimental mode
  * new tests

Tarballs: https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/kdave/btrfs-progs/
Git: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/btrfs-progs.git

Shortlog:

David Sterba (34):
      btrfs-progs: reformat CHANGES for RST
      btrfs-progs: unify CHANGES indentation
      btrfs-progs: make device add and paused balance work together
      btrfs-progs: btrfstune: fix build-time detection of experimental features
      btrfs-progs: docs: move glossary to overview sections
      btrfs-progs: kernel-lib: add rbtree_types.h from linux
      btrfs-progs: kernel-lib: add simplified READ_ONCE and WRITE_ONCE
      btrfs-progs: kernel-lib: add rb_root_cached helpers
      btrfs-progs: kernel-lib: sync lib/rbtree.c
      btrfs-progs: kernel-lib: sync include/overflow.h
      btrfs-progs: kernel-lib: sync include/list.h
      btrfs-progs: kernel-lib: sync include/rtree.h
      btrfs-progs: INSTALL: update dependencies for docs build
      btrfs-progs: docs: link INSTALL to docs
      btrfs-progs: INSTALL: drop reference to libattr
      btrfs-progs: docs: add note about ifdef EXPERIMENTAL
      btrfs-progs: delete commented exports from libbtrfs.sym
      btrfs-progs: docs: separate bootloaders chapter
      btrfs-progs: docs: document paused balance
      btrfs-progs: docs: separate filesystem limits chapter
      btrfs-progs: docs: move flexibility to Administration
      btrfs-progs: docs: separate chapter for hardware considerations
      btrfs-progs: docs: merge storage model to hardware chapter
      btrfs-progs: docs: copy more contents from wiki
      btrfs-progs: docs: add subpage feature page
      btrfs-progs: docs: convert Experimental.md to RST
      btrfs-progs: docs: convert btrfs-ioctl.asciidoc to RST
      btrfs-progs: docs: convert conventions to RST
      btrfs-progs: docs: fix superscript formatting
      btrfs-progs: docs: update header formatting
      btrfs-progs: restore: list the supported compression
      btrfs-progs: tests: remove ext3 tests
      btrfs-progs: update CHANGES for 5.18
      Btrfs progs v5.18

Forza (1):
      btrfs-progs: docs: clarification on mixed profile

Qu Wenruo (9):
      btrfs-progs: remove the unused btrfs_fs_info::seeding member
      btrfs-progs: print-tree: print the checksum of header without tailing zeros
      btrfs-progs: check: lowmem, fix path leak when dev extents are invalid
      btrfs-progs: convert: initialize the target fs label
      btrfs-progs: remove unused header check/btrfsck.h
      btrfs-progs: docs: add more explanation on subapge limits
      btrfs-progs: do not use btrfs_commit_transaction() just to update super blocks
      btrfs-progs: properly initialize block group thresholds
      btrfs-progs: tests: make sure we don't create bitmaps for empty fs

Ross Burton (1):
      btrfs-progs: build: add option to disable LZO support for restore

* Re: Btrfs progs release 5.18
@ 2022-05-28  0:20 ` John Center
From: John Center @ 2022-05-28  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

I usually build the btrfs-progs when it comes out.  I've upgraded from
Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 & I'm having a problem with configure looking for
ext2fs.  I have e2fsprogs & libext2fs2 installed, but it fails with "No
package 'ext2fs' found".  What am I missing?

Thanks!

     -John

@ 2022-05-28  1:34   ` Qu Wenruo
From: Qu Wenruo @ 2022-05-28  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Center, linux-btrfs

On 2022/5/28 08:20, John Center wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I usually build the btrfs-progs when it comes out.  I've upgraded from
> Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 & I'm having a problem with configure looking for
> ext2fs.  I have e2fsprogs & libext2fs2 installed, but it fails with "No
> package 'ext2fs' found".  What am I missing?

Is the -devel package installed?

Thanks,
Qu

@ 2022-05-28  1:51     ` John Center
From: John Center @ 2022-05-28  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qu Wenruo, linux-btrfs

Duh!  Yes, that was the problem. Thanks, Qu!  -John

On 5/27/22 9:34 PM, Qu Wenruo wrote:

> [...]
>>>        btrfs-progs: docs: clarification on mixed profile
>>>
>>> Qu Wenruo (9):
>>>        btrfs-progs: remove the unused btrfs_fs_info::seeding member
>>>        btrfs-progs: print-tree: print the checksum of header without
>>> tailing zeros
>>>        btrfs-progs: check: lowmem, fix path leak when dev extents are
>>> invalid
>>>        btrfs-progs: convert: initialize the target fs label
>>>        btrfs-progs: remove unused header check/btrfsck.h
>>>        btrfs-progs: docs: add more explanation on subapge limits
>>>        btrfs-progs: do not use btrfs_commit_transaction() just to
>>> update super blocks
>>>        btrfs-progs: properly initialize block group thresholds
>>>        btrfs-progs: tests: make sure we don't create bitmaps for
>>> empty fs
>>>
>>> Ross Burton (1):
>>>        btrfs-progs: build: add option to disable LZO support for

* Re: Btrfs progs release 5.18
@ 2022-05-28 20:18   ` Nicholas D Steeves
From: Nicholas D Steeves @ 2022-05-28 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Center, linux-btrfs