* Re: [Printing-architecture] [Gimp-print-devel] RFC: Patch for (libusb-based) USB backend for quirks files
       [not found] <m3a9lku1ia.fsf@dsl092-065-009.bos1.dsl.speakeasy.net>
@ 2013-07-18  2:28 ` Michael Sweet
From: Michael Sweet @ 2013-07-18  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gutenprint (formerly Gimp-Print) printer driver development
  Cc: printing-architecture

Robert,

On 2013-07-17, at 8:59 PM, Robert Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> If there are no objections these will be part of the 1.6.4 update (last in that series) and part of the 1.7.0 release.
>
> How is a vendor-specific USB init string passed?

Currently this does nothing - it came from the usblp kernel driver.

* Re: [Printing-architecture] [Gimp-print-devel] RFC: Patch for (libusb-based) USB backend for quirks files
       [not found]     ` <20130803011708.GA4773@shaftnet.org>
@ 2013-08-05 14:48       ` Michael Sweet
From: Michael Sweet @ 2013-08-05 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gutenprint (formerly Gimp-Print) printer driver development
  Cc: printing-architecture

Sorry, too much happening at the moment and I forgot that the USB quirks stuff is part of 1.6.4, not 1.6.3.  1.6.4 will be coming out "soon".

       [not found] ` <20130801145448.GA10904@shaftnet.org>
@ 2013-08-01 14:57   ` Michael Sweet
       [not found]     ` <20130803011708.GA4773@shaftnet.org>
From: Michael Sweet @ 2013-08-01 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gutenprint (formerly Gimp-Print) printer driver development
  Cc: printing-architecture

Solomon,

The necessary changes are part of CUPS 1.6.3 and 1.7rc1 that were released on the 11th.

(the GIT mirror is still experiencing technical difficulties and I need to pull it until it starts updating properly...)