* Performance Isolation in Xen
@ 2007-02-01 14:49 rahul gundecha
From: rahul gundecha @ 2007-02-01 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

In the latest release of Xen, how the Performance Isolation across Virtual Machine is being handled. I read one of the papers regarding this issue by HP lab -
D. Gupta, L. Cherkasova, R. Gardner, A. Vahdat:  Enforcing Performance Isolation Across Virtual Machines in Xen.
So I am little bit curious about the current release by XenSource.

Also where can I get detailed information about the architecture used in this release.

thanks,
-Rahul

 -Rahooooooooooooooool...
 exceptions are most common things to happen.....

* Performance isolation in Xen
@ 2005-09-27 18:51 John L Griffin
From: John L Griffin @ 2005-09-27 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

A few weeks ago I posted about my interest in developing "resource
control" for Xen -- e.g., low-level mechanisms that could be used to
provide QoS guarantees to partitions, by enforcing SLA-type policies on
the resources (CPU, network, storage, etc.) consumed by each domain.

I've come up with a requirements/design document that describes the
motivation for this work and my initial plan of attack.  The document is
here:
http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~griffin2/xen/

As per the earlier discussion, it's not a simple problem, so I'm
interested to hear any comments on the expected effectiveness of this
proposed approach.  I'll update that page (and post updates here) as the
work progresses.

JLG