* rock960 thermal zone returns EINVAL
@ 2019-03-06 22:46 Daniel Lezcano
From: Daniel Lezcano @ 2019-03-06 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manivannan Sadhasivam, Heiko St??bner; +Cc: florent.couzon, linux-arm-kernel

Hi Heiko,

We ran the rock960 board with the v5.0 linux kernel and tried to read
the temperature of the thermal zones but that fails with an invalid
argument.

It appears the sensor tsadc is disabled by default and if it is enabled,
it makes the board to reset at boot time.

There are some extra configuration for the rk3399-puma.dts:

&tsadc {
        rockchip,hw-tshut-mode = <1>;
        rockchip,hw-tshut-polarity = <1>;
        status = "okay";
};

or the rk3399-rockpro64.dts

&tsadc {
        /* tshut mode 0:CRU 1:GPIO */
        rockchip,hw-tshut-mode = <1>;
        /* tshut polarity 0:LOW 1:HIGH */
        rockchip,hw-tshut-polarity = <1>;
        status = "okay";
};

I added the same change for the rk3399-rock.dts and I'm now able to
access the temperature of the different thermal-zones.

Does it make sense to add this change for the rk3399-rock.dts?

And is it acceptable to add for -rc ?

Thanks

  -- Daniel

--
 <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog

* Re: rock960 thermal zone returns EINVAL
@ 2019-03-06 23:03 ` Daniel Lezcano
From: Daniel Lezcano @ 2019-03-06 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manivannan Sadhasivam, Heiko St??bner; +Cc: florent.couzon, linux-arm-kernel

Hi Heiko,

I just noticed the change is already there in your dev branch [1].

Sorry for the noise.

  -- Daniel

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mmind/linux-rockchip.git/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399-rock960.dtsi?h=v5.2-armsoc/dts64#n535

--

@ 2019-03-07 10:16   ` Heiko Stübner
From: Heiko Stübner @ 2019-03-07 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Lezcano; +Cc: florent.couzon, linux-arm-kernel, Manivannan Sadhasivam

Hi Daniel,

Am Donnerstag, 7. März 2019, 00:03:33 CET schrieb Daniel Lezcano:
> Hi Heiko,
>
> I just noticed the change is already there in your dev branch [1].

The patch from Ezequiel was actually in the 5.1-branch, so will make its
way into mainline with the arm-soc pull requests during this merge window.

Heiko