* __must_check and driver model
@ 2007-02-27 12:04 Russell King
From: Russell King @ 2007-02-27 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel List, Greg KH

I'm still seeing lots of warnings about unchecked return codes from
driver model functions.

These must have been around for at least three months, if not longer,
and there seems to be very little progress towards resolving them.
Maybe if no one cares about fixing the warnings, we shouldn't have
the warnings at all since they're just mere noise.

Can we resolve to either fix the warnings, or remove the ineffective
__must_check annotations?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:

* Re: __must_check and driver model
@ 2007-02-27 13:55 ` Akinobu Mita
From: Akinobu Mita @ 2007-02-27 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel List, Greg KH

2007/2/27, Russell King <rmk+lkml@arm.linux.org.uk>:
> I'm still seeing lots of warnings about unchecked return codes from
> driver model functions.
>
> These must have been around for at least three months, if not longer,
> and there seems to be very little progress towards resolving them.
> Maybe if no one cares about fixing the warnings, we shouldn't have
> the warnings at all since they're just mere noise.

I have patch series to shut up __must_check warning about
sysfs_create_link() in drivers/base/core.c (I made before, but
I forgot to send)