* Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth-alsa: a2recv stuttering sound from WM5.0 AKU2.0
@ 2006-05-29  7:25 Guido Reimer
From: Guido Reimer @ 2006-05-29  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Brad,

> maybe wm5 reports the wrong rate to us. you could try hardcoding in
> adjustsound() the value that is used. the legal values are 16000,
32000,
> 44100, 48000.

I will try this as far as i come home today.
Will also set the channels manual to 2 (just got your secound mail)

> we print out the rate that the sender reports. what rate are you
getting
> printed out?

44100

> it sounds like wm5 is encoding at a higher rate than we expect.

Do you mean the bitrate of the streamed Data? Will check the registry of
WM5.0 to find additional infos about the crazy things it does.

Guido

* Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth-alsa: a2recv stuttering sound from WM5.0 AKU2.0
@ 2006-05-29  7:21   ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2006-05-29  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Guido

> maybe wm5 reports the wrong rate to us. you could try hardcoding in
> adjustsound() the value that is used. the legal values are 16000, 32000,
>  44100, 48000.

also, we may be setting channels incorrectly. try forcing it to 2.

brad

* Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth-alsa: a2recv stuttering sound from WM5.0 AKU2.0
@ 2006-05-29  7:15 ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2006-05-29  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Guido

> No problem, but what can we do now? For me it looks like, a2recv will
> not grab the packets at the right speed, or something like this.

maybe wm5 reports the wrong rate to us. you could try hardcoding in
adjustsound() the value that is used. the legal values are 16000, 32000,
 44100, 48000.

we print out the rate that the sender reports. what rate are you getting
printed out?

> The timeline on my sending media player will also run very slow, so it
> seems, that it notices, that something is not realy ok.
>
> Does a2recv confirms the packages back to the sender?

short answer yes. it runs the data over l2cap which is reliable and uses
flow control as long as you're not doing anything fishy in the lower layers.

@ 2006-05-29  6:58 Guido Reimer
From: Guido Reimer @ 2006-05-29  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Brad

@ 2006-05-29  6:46 ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2006-05-29  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Guido

@ 2006-05-29  6:21 Guido Reimer
From: Guido Reimer @ 2006-05-29  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Brad

I have testet the latest CVS version and run into massive trubble. The
pearing between the devices didn't work until i found out, that there
was a change in cvs, that makes the problems.

File: a2recv.c
Line: 484
Old: cap_resp.sbc_elements.channel_mode=15;
New: cap_resp.sbc_elements.channel_mode=9;

Have set the old value and pearing was not longer a problem. But it
takes many hours for me to find :`)

Have upgraded my kernel, alsa and bluez until i realized the real
problem.

After this change, i got the same stuttering sound as before. Hier is
the output of a2recv:

Connected [imtu 672, omtu 672, flush_to 65535]
Connected
Sent Stream End Point Discovery Response

Sent the get capabilities responseadjustsound has been called!
Channels=2, speed=44100channel_mode = 2 allocation_method = 1 subbands =
1 block_length = 1 min_bitpool = 48 max_bitpool = 48

Sent a Set configurations response

Received an open stream command

Sent open stream confirm

Connected [imtu 672, omtu 672, flush_to 65535]
ConnectedGot stream fd

Sent start stream confirm
unsupported signalling command: 9

I have insertet some debug output to the adjust_sound() method and
realized, that it will never be called. The stream will be send in 2
channels mode and with a frequency of 44100 and does never change during
playback.

Guido

* RE: [Bluez-users] bluetooth-alsa: a2recv stuttering sound from WM5.0 AKU2.0
@ 2006-05-26 14:14 Guido Reimer
From: Guido Reimer @ 2006-05-26 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Brad

> fyi, I made a change in cvs so we re-ioctl /dev/dsp if during the
stream
> the sender changes the rate on us. a2recv will print a message if that
> happens.

Thanks,=20

will try it, as far as i come home, today :`)

Send you my results after weekend. Over weekend, i have no chance to
access this mail address ...

Guido

* Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth-alsa: a2recv stuttering sound from WM5.0 AKU2.0
@ 2006-05-26 14:11 ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2006-05-26 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Guido

@ 2006-05-26  5:56 Guido Reimer
From: Guido Reimer @ 2006-05-26  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

@ 2006-05-25 15:34   ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2006-05-25 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Guido

> It seems fishy that we're ignoring several of the sbc element settings
> like subbands... but then I believe those settings also appear in each
> sbc packet. Maybe wm5 is not filling in the packet part correctly.

it might also be a problem if they don't fill the speed and channel mode
properly in this initially set configuration step since we only adjust
these things once.

Brad

* Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth-alsa: a2recv stuttering sound from WM5.0 AKU2.0
@ 2006-05-25 15:12 ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2006-05-25 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Guido

I had a look at a2recv. In the block after

 case AVDTP_SET_CONFIGURATION

@ 2006-05-25  6:31 Guido Reimer
From: Guido Reimer @ 2006-05-25  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hi Brad

>You will be the first. :)

I'm trying to get ride of the WM stuff on my Universal. But that's
another point :`)

>Did you configure with --enable-fixed? Fixed point decoding is more
>efficient but it may not behave as well for some codec settings.

No, haven't tried yet. Will do it and give some feedback later on.

>Can you figure out what codec settings the wm5 device is using? Maybe
>they are not getting set in our decoder properly.

I have no idea how to do that, but i will try. Is there a tool in your
package that can dump the communication between WM and bluez? Maybe this
dump can help you?

If it is, can you advice me, how to use it?

>Brad

Thanks so far,

Guido

* Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth-alsa: a2recv stuttering sound from WM5.0 AKU2.0
@ 2006-05-24 16:51 ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2006-05-24 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Guido

> But the sound is stuttering like hell. It is played at half to quater of
> normal speed in very small sound blocks.
>
> Can someone help me? Has somebody got this working on a WM 5.0 Device as
> a sender?

You will be the first. :)

@ 2006-05-24 16:09 Guido Reimer
From: Guido Reimer @ 2006-05-24 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)