* RE: About resctrl code rebase
@ 2021-09-01  8:35 tan.shaopeng
From: tan.shaopeng @ 2021-09-01  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'james.morse@arm.com'
  Cc: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org',
	'linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org',
	'soc@kernel.org', 'tony.luck@intel.com',
	'arnd@arndb.de', 'will@kernel.org',
	'catalin.marinas@arm.com', 'olof@lixom.net',
	misono.tomohiro

Hi, James Morse

> As you known, Fujitsu is implementing a feature that add A64FX's cache
> control function into resctrl. Fujitsu will implement this feature base
> on your rebased code. I think the commit of refactoring arch/x86
> implementation of resctrl has been merged into the x86/cache branch.
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/162871088112.395.12879267279872673224.tip-bot2@tip-bot2/

> I would like to know whether you have rebased these codes that move
> the common parts of multiple architectures to somewhere.
> And where is the rebase code?
> In addition, when will you release the latest MPAM patch?
I'm afraid that my message may not have reached you.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Tan Shaopeng

* Re: About resctrl code rebase
@ 2021-09-01 17:04   ` James Morse
From: James Morse @ 2021-09-01 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tan.shaopeng
  Cc: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org',
	'linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org',
	'soc@kernel.org', 'tony.luck@intel.com',
	'arnd@arndb.de', 'will@kernel.org',
	'catalin.marinas@arm.com', 'olof@lixom.net',
	misono.tomohiro

Hi Tan Shaopeng,

On 01/09/2021 09:35, tan.shaopeng@fujitsu.com wrote:
>> As you known, Fujitsu is implementing a feature that add A64FX's cache
>> control function into resctrl.

>> Fujitsu will implement this feature base
>> on your rebased code. I think the commit of refactoring arch/x86
>> implementation of resctrl has been merged into the x86/cache branch.
>> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/162871088112.395.12879267279872673224.tip-bot2@tip-bot2/

I'm afraid this was only a small part of it.

I've also posted the next series here:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210729223610.29373-1-james.morse@arm.com/

and there are a couple more after that.

>> I would like to know whether you have rebased these codes that move
>> the common parts of multiple architectures to somewhere.
>> And where is the rebase code?
>> In addition, when will you release the latest MPAM patch?

I will keep posting 'the next part' of the x86 changes once the earlier part is reviewed.
(please help!)

I can't push the latest branch until the ACPI spec is published, but I hope that will
happen this month.

> I'm afraid that my message may not have reached you.

Yes, I'm horribly behind with email!

Thanks,

James

From: James Morse @ 2021-09-01 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tan.shaopeng
  Cc: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org',

@ 2021-09-06  6:19     ` tan.shaopeng
From: tan.shaopeng @ 2021-09-06  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'James Morse'
  Cc: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org',
	'linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org',
	'soc@kernel.org', 'tony.luck@intel.com',
	'arnd@arndb.de', 'will@kernel.org',
	'catalin.marinas@arm.com', 'olof@lixom.net',
	misono.tomohiro

Hi, James Morse

Thanks for your reply.

> On 01/09/2021 09:35, tan.shaopeng@fujitsu.com wrote:
> >> As you known, Fujitsu is implementing a feature that add A64FX's
> >> cache control function into resctrl.
>
> >> Fujitsu will implement this feature base on your rebased code. I
> >> think the commit of refactoring arch/x86 implementation of resctrl
> >> has been merged into the x86/cache branch.
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/162871088112.395.12879267279872673224.ti
> >> p-bot2@tip-bot2/
>
> I'm afraid this was only a small part of it.
>
> I've also posted the next series here:
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210729223610.29373-1-james.morse@arm.com
> /
>
> and there are a couple more after that.

I understand.

> >> I would like to know whether you have rebased these codes that move
> >> the common parts of multiple architectures to somewhere.
> >> And where is the rebase code?
> >> In addition, when will you release the latest MPAM patch?
>
> I will keep posting 'the next part' of the x86 changes once the earlier part is
> reviewed.
> (please help!)

I will check these patches.
And I'm going to test these patches on machine with x86.

Best regards,
Tan Shaopeng

From: tan.shaopeng @ 2021-09-06  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'James Morse'
  Cc: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org',

@ 2021-11-24 11:17     ` tan.shaopeng
From: tan.shaopeng @ 2021-11-24 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'James Morse'
  Cc: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org',
	'linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org',
	'soc@kernel.org', 'tony.luck@intel.com',
	'arnd@arndb.de', 'will@kernel.org',
	'catalin.marinas@arm.com', 'olof@lixom.net',
	misono.tomohiro

Hi James

> On 01/09/2021 09:35, tan.shaopeng@fujitsu.com wrote:
> >> As you known, Fujitsu is implementing a feature that add A64FX's
> >> cache control function into resctrl.
>
> >> Fujitsu will implement this feature base on your rebased code. I
> >> think the commit of refactoring arch/x86 implementation of resctrl
> >> has been merged into the x86/cache branch.
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/162871088112.395.12879267279872673224.ti
> >> p-bot2@tip-bot2/
>
> I'm afraid this was only a small part of it.
>
> I've also posted the next series here:
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210729223610.29373-1-james.morse@arm.com
> /
>
> and there are a couple more after that.

When will you post patches v3? And are there any other patches after this?

> >> I would like to know whether you have rebased these codes that move
> >> the common parts of multiple architectures to somewhere.
> >> And where is the rebase code?
> >> In addition, when will you release the latest MPAM patch?
>
> I will keep posting 'the next part' of the x86 changes once the earlier part is
> reviewed.
> (please help!)
>
> I can't push the latest branch until the ACPI spec is published, but I hope that
> will happen this month.

Could you tell me when you are planning to push the rebase code?
Is there anything I can do for you?

Best regards,
Tan shaopeng

From: tan.shaopeng @ 2021-11-24 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'James Morse'
  Cc: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org',
	'linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org',
	'soc@kernel.org', 'tony.luck@intel.com',
	'arnd@arndb.de', 'will@kernel.org',
	'catalin.marinas@arm.com', 'olof@lixom.net',
	misono.tomohiro

Hi James

> On 01/09/2021 09:35, tan.shaopeng@fujitsu.com wrote:
> >> As you known, Fujitsu is implementing a feature that add A64FX's
> >> cache control function into resctrl.
>
> >> Fujitsu will implement this feature base on your rebased code. I
> >> think the commit of refactoring arch/x86 implementation of resctrl
> >> has been merged into the x86/cache branch.
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/162871088112.395.12879267279872673224.ti
> >> p-bot2@tip-bot2/
>
> I'm afraid this was only a small part of it.
>
> I've also posted the next series here:
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210729223610.29373-1-james.morse@arm.com
> /
>
> and there are a couple more after that.

When will you post patches v3? And are there any other patches after this?

> >> I would like to know whether you have rebased these codes that move
> >> the common parts of multiple architectures to somewhere.
> >> And where is the rebase code?
> >> In addition, when will you release the latest MPAM patch?
>
> I will keep posting 'the next part' of the x86 changes once the earlier part is
> reviewed.
> (please help!)
>
> I can't push the latest branch until the ACPI spec is published, but I hope that
> will happen this month.

Could you tell me when you are planning to push the rebase code?
Is there anything I can do for you?

Best regards,
Tan shaopeng

* RE: About resctrl code rebase
  (?)
@ 2021-12-03  7:58     ` tan.shaopeng
From: tan.shaopeng @ 2021-12-03  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'James Morse'
  Cc: 'catalin.marinas@arm.com',

@ 2021-12-06 20:35       ` Rob Herring
From: Rob Herring @ 2021-12-06 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tan.shaopeng
  Cc: 'James Morse', 'catalin.marinas@arm.com',

On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 07:58:28AM +0000, tan.shaopeng@fujitsu.com wrote:
> Hi James

> > > I'm afraid this was only a small part of it.
> > >
> > > I've also posted the next series here:
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210729223610.29373-1-james.morse@arm.co
> > > /
> > >
> > > and there are a couple more after that.
> >
> > When will you post patches v3? And are there any other patches after this?

> > > I will keep posting 'the next part' of the x86 changes once the
> > > earlier part is reviewed.
> > > (please help!)
> > >
> > > I can't push the latest branch until the ACPI spec is published, but I
> > > hope that will happen this month.
> >
> > Could you tell me when you are planning to push the rebase code?
> > Is there anything I can do for you?
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.

There's a branch published here[1].

Rob

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/morse/linux.git/log/?h=mpam/snapshot/v5.15

* RE: About resctrl code rebase
@ 2021-12-08 11:56         ` tan.shaopeng
From: tan.shaopeng @ 2021-12-08 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Rob Herring'
  Cc: 'James Morse', 'catalin.marinas@arm.com',
	'linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org',
	misono.tomohiro

Hi Rob,

> On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 07:58:28AM +0000, tan.shaopeng@fujitsu.com wrote:
> > Hi James

> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/162871088112.395.12879267279872673224.

> > > When will you post patches v3? And are there any other patches after this?

> > > Could you tell me when you are planning to push the rebase code?
> > > Is there anything I can do for you?
> >
> > I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> There's a branch published here[1].
>
> Rob
>
> [1]
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/morse/linux.git/log/?h=mpa
> m/snapshot/v5.15

Thank you very much.
It is very helpful to my work.

One more question,
Could you tell me when you plan to post these codes?

Best regards,
Shaopeng Tan

* RE: About resctrl code rebase
@ 2022-01-04  9:53           ` tan.shaopeng
From: tan.shaopeng @ 2022-01-04  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Rob Herring'
  Cc: 'James Morse', 'catalin.marinas@arm.com',
	'linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org',
	misono.tomohiro

Hi Rob,

> > On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 07:58:28AM +0000, tan.shaopeng@fujitsu.com wrote:
> > > Hi James

> > https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/162871088112.395.12879267279872673224.

> this?

> somewhere.

> > > I look forward to hearing from you.
> >
> > There's a branch published here[1].
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > [1]
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/morse/linux.git/log/?h
> > =mpa
> > m/snapshot/v5.15

Could you tell me when will you post these codes on kernel development community?

Best regards
Tan Shaopeng

* About resctrl code rebase
@ 2021-08-19  5:14 tan.shaopeng