* yassl recipe in the yocto project
@ 2012-03-28  0:53 Kamble, Nitin A
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Kamble, Nitin A @ 2012-03-28  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris; +Cc: yocto

Hi Chris,
  Here is the recipe we have in yocto-project for openssl projects to be incorporated into embedded Linux distributions.
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl
Please visit www.yoctoproject.org<http://www.yoctoproject.org> for more information on the Yocto Project.

It would be nice to get yassl recipe also in there as an alternative to openssl.

Context for others: I came across Chris at ESC, He works for yassl .com which provides GPLv2  ssl solution like openssl which is smaller compared to openssl and targeted for embedded solutions.

Thanks,
Nitin

* Re: yassl recipe in the yocto project
@ 2012-03-28  2:32 ` Chris Conlon
From: Chris Conlon @ 2012-03-28  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kamble, Nitin A; +Cc: yocto, info

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the links and for stopping by our booth today.  I enjoyed the chance to learn about the yocto-project and how yaSSL might be able to fit into the project.  I'll take a closer look at what actions make sense going forward from here when I get back into the office next week.

We look forward to working with you!

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Conlon
www.yassl.com
chris@yassl.com
Skype: chris_conlon_07
+1 406 209 0601

@ 2012-03-28  8:54 ` Jack Mitchell
From: Jack Mitchell @ 2012-03-28  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 28/03/12 01:53, Kamble, Nitin A wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
>   Here is the recipe we have in yocto-project for openssl projects to
> be incorporated into embedded Linux distributions.
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl
>
> Please visit www.yoctoproject.org <http://www.yoctoproject.org> for
> more information on the Yocto Project.
>
> It would be nice to get yassl recipe also in there as an alternative
> to openssl.
>
> Context for others: I came across Chris at ESC, He works for yassl
> .com which provides GPLv2  ssl solution like openssl which is smaller
> compared to openssl and targeted for embedded solutions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nitin

Just a heads up but I've also heard good things about PolarSSL,
http://polarssl.org/ - choice is everything right ;)

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack@embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer

* Re: yassl recipe in the yocto project
@ 2012-03-29 14:30 ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2012-03-29 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kamble, Nitin A; +Cc: yocto, chris

Op 27 mrt. 2012, om 17:53 heeft Kamble, Nitin A het volgende geschreven:

That should be http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl for obvious reasons, poky is downstream of oe-core