* Re: git-svn questions
@ 2011-02-24  5:09   ` John M. Dlugosz
From: John M. Dlugosz @ 2011-02-24  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

On 8/1/2011 1:12 PM, Jeff King peff-at-peff.net |git/Allow to home| wrote:
> I believe SVN will cache your username (and optionally password, in
> cleartext!) forever in ~/.subversion/auth. I have no idea if Tortoise
> writes to the same area or not.  Are you sure you never ran "svn" from
> the command-line, in addition to running Tortoise?
>
> Just a guess. I know very little about how svn works in this respect. :)
>
> -Peff
I only used tortoise.  I used its Repo Browser to establish a working directory on my HD.

* git-svn questions
@ 2011-08-01 15:01 John M. Dlugosz
From: John M. Dlugosz @ 2011-08-01 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I want to introduce git to a project that's currently using svn.
I used svn git with no problems.  But someone else trying the same steps runs into
authentication issues.
How did mine "just know" what my username for SVN is?  I'm using Tortoise-svn and it
remembers (I only ever signed in once, when I set it up), but so is he.

We are on windows, using msysgit.

—John

* Re: git-svn questions
@ 2011-08-01 18:12 ` Jeff King