* Re: [SPDK] Configuring spdk for vtune
@ 2019-03-29 18:50 Harris, James R
From: Harris, James R @ 2019-03-29 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On 3/29/19, 11:49 AM, "SPDK on behalf of Chuck Tuffli" <spdk-bounces(a)lists.01.org on behalf of ctuffli(a)gmail.com> wrote:

    I'm trying to collect profiling information via vtune on an SPDK
    application and found the --with-vtune=<path> configuration flag. But the
    build fails with

    vtune.c:47:10: fatal error: ittnotify_static.c: No such file or directory
     #include "ittnotify_static.c"
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    bdev.c:55:10: fatal error: ittnotify.h: No such file or directory
     #include "ittnotify.h"
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.

    which I sort of understand as neither of those files exist under
    /tmp/vtune_amplifier_2019.3.0.590814
    My question is, how do those files get installed? I'd assumed that vtune
    took care of that part, but I'm now wondering if I missed something. TIA.

    --chuck

Hi Chuck,

I'm adding Roman Sudarikov from the VTune team at Intel to your query.

Thanks,

-Jim

* [SPDK] Configuring spdk for vtune
@ 2019-03-29 18:48 Chuck Tuffli