* Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting
@ 2017-08-01 15:14 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-08-01 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Armin, Stephano, Paul, Trevor, Stephen, Joshua L., Joshua W., Patrick, Mark, Ross,

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)
* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
YP 2.4 M2 is in QA and 86% complete.  See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.4_QA_Status
YP 2.3.1 has been released.
YP 2.2.2 are still planned, but not yet ready to be built or go to QA.
YP 2.3.2 is planned, not sure if after M3 or after 2.4 is released at this time.
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

* Opens - 10 min

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Stable_branch_maintenance

* Team Sharing - 10 min
Paul - Bitbake server changes details have been outlined on the lists.  Bitbake can be memory resident all the time now. M2 will have this by default.  File bugs if you see issues.
Mark - Getting a common interface from layer index to bitbake.  Toaster will be linked to this interface soon too.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:     (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:              (208) 244-4460
* Email:                stephen.k.jolley@intel.comYP

* Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting
@ 2018-09-04 15:35 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2018-09-04 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Armin, Alex, Stephen, Scott M., Richard, Trevor, Joshua, Bruce, Ross, Randy, Alejandro, Denys, Tom, Beth,

We released YP 2.6 M2 & YP 2.5.1 last month.
We are preparing to release YP 2.6 M3 soon. Richard discussed issues with current M3 progress as covered in the status report.
We are seeing new warnings with the new autobuilder code, we discussed that these might be an issue. They produces the new orange builds we have not seen before.  Most likely we will address these warnings over time and try to address most of them in YP 2.7.   We will most likely not try to fix these issues in existing stable branches.   We are planning to move all work to the new Autobuilder clusters for M3 and beyond.
Discussed some of the issues with recipe parsing after pgo is in and we are seeing repeat testing of recipes.  The issues are being reviewed and worked which should speed building once fixed.

@ 2018-08-07 15:42 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2018-08-07 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Stephen, Armin, Trevor, Richard, Nick, Ayman, Alex, Christopher, Scott, David, Alejandro, Ross, Denys, Joshua, Manju, Rich, Randy,

YP Status:
•       YP 2.6 M2 is in QA. See https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.6_QA_Status.  It is 99% complete and should complete this week.
•       YP 2.5.1 is in QA. See https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.5_QA_Status.  It just started and is 0% complete.

Opens/Status:
Richard gave an update on the technical issues we have seen.  See the weekly status report.
Discuss the schedule coming up.  Noted that the error log purge has happened. Discussed the need of documentation on the new features being added.
Christopher discussed a patch he has submitted and Ross is working on testing.  The issues around this were discussed.
Ayman is new to the project and was asking how long it takes to come up to speed.  Richard gave him feedback to get help on the mailing list and the IRC channel directly.  Books and stack overflow are also available.  Also discussed that he should use the quick documentation on the YP website.
Rich wants to know if any update is planned to secure boot layers around TPM 2. A discussion proceeded about how to get the updates done.

@ 2018-06-19 15:13 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2018-06-19 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Armin, Joshua, Bruce, Nick, Mark, Sabastian, Matt, Alejandro,
YP Status:
•               YP 2.3.4 (Pyro) rc1 is built and in QA see: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status  it is at 92% complete. It most likely should be released this week.
•               YP 2.2.4 (Morty) rc1 is built and in QA see: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status  it is at 24% complete. It most likely will be released in a couple of weeks.
•               YP 2.6 M1 (Thud) rc1 is built and in QA see:  It is 8% complete.

Opens:
Discussed release schedule.
·         YP 2.6 M1 Release Target is June 22, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M2 Build Target is July 16, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M2 Release Target is July 27, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M3 Build Target is Aug. 27, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M3 Release Target is Sept. 7, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M4 Build Target is Oct. 1, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M4 Release Target is Oct. 26, 2018

We discussed plan for YP 2.6 including QA improvements and multistate improvements.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Project Manager

@ 2018-06-05 16:24 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2018-06-05 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Armin, Alex, Tom, Stephen, Joshua, Nick, Scott, Richard, Tim, Randy, Denys, Michael, David, Pascal, Trevor, Alejandro, Ross, Jan-Simon,
YP Status:
•       YP 2.4.3 (Rocko) rc2 is built and in QA see: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.4_QA_Status it is 94% complete.  It most likely will be out and released this week.
•       YP 2.3.4 (Pyro) rc1 is built and in QA see: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status  it is at 12% complete. It most likely will be released next week.
•       YP 2.2.4 (Morty) rc1 is built and in QA see: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status  it is at 12% complete. It most likely will be released in a couple of weeks.
•       YP 2.6 M1 Build Target is June 11, 2018.  It will begin in QA and be the priority when it goes in.  We most likely won’t submit to QA until gcc 8 changes are submitted and clean.

Opens:
Discussed Richard’s status
Discussed gcc 8, we want to include it in YP 2.6 M1.
Discussed release schedule.
·         YP 2.6 M1 Build Target is June 11, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M1 Release Target is June 22, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M2 Build Target is July 16, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M2 Release Target is July 27, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M3 Build Target is Aug. 27, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M3 Release Target is Sept. 7, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M4 Build Target is Oct. 1, 2018
·         YP 2.6 M4 Release Target is Oct. 26, 2018
Discussed Platform Security Summit.
Discussed Security layers available.  Would like YP to try to support one layer.  See: http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-architecture/2018-May/000762.html then also https://github.com/gmccollister/meta-ima,  https://github.com/01org/meta-security-isafw, https://github.com/intel/meta-intel-iot-security, & http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-selinux.

Discussed that we need a security solution, an update solution, and a container solution for YP and make this publicly known and available to keep YP relevant in today's world. We have a lot of pieces for these, but need to insure they work well.

@ 2018-01-02 16:18 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2018-01-02 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Stephen, Armin, Joshua W., Stephano, Joshua L., David, Richard, Aaron, Mark, Michael, Randy, Wmills,

Agenda:

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
*       The QA of YP 2.4.1 rc1 is complete.  See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW51_-_2017-12-21-_Full_Test_Cycle_-_2.4.1_rc1.
*       The QA of YP 2.3.3 rc1 is complete. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW51_-_2017-12-20-_Full_Test_Cycle_-_2.3.3_rc1.
*       The QA of YP 2.5 M1 rc1 is about 68% complete.  See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.5_QA_Status
*       The QA of YP 2.2.3 rc1 is about 24% complete. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status.

* Opens - 10 min
Richard - We are continuing to have a few autobuilder issues.  These are being documented in the weekly status.
Richard - Discussed the movement of some items from autobuilder into meta-data or a layer in oe-core on all stable releases to clean up some of the autobuilder items.

* Team Sharing - 10 min
When will the Dev Day be for March ELC? - Still planned but date is not yet to be scheduled.

@ 2017-12-05 16:26 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-12-05 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Stephen, Saul, Stephano, Aaron, Richard, Armin, Rob, Brian, Chin Huat, Patrick, Randy, Mark, Ross, Christian, Joshua W., wmills, Michael,

Agenda:

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
*       YP 2.5 M1 is getting ready to build, but the build/test environment is not stable. This has slowed the patch merging and so we haven't built it yet.
*       YP 2.2.3 and YP 2.3.3 are also seeing build/test issues and have not been sent to QA yet. If we root cause the issues we might get the milestone and/or dot releases into QA.
*       YP 2.4.1 should go into QA shortly if we get a successful build, we has good builds recently.

* Opens - 10 min
*       Richard - Discussed issues with build environment and issues we are seeing. See weekly status for details on these issues.

* Team Sharing - 10 min
*       Saul - Discussed that we should move the kernel from 4.12 to 4.14 in YP 2.5.  Bruce will drive this update.
*       Armin - YP 2.4.1 (Rocko) is ready to build.  YP 2.3.3 (Pyro) is not yet ready build failures. YP 2.2.3 (Morty) is also not ready yet due to a smart issue.
*       Richard - Discussed that YP Compatibility v2 is not ready to go into YP 2.5 yet, due to the fact that Richard has focused the last few weeks on getting the build/test environment stable.

@ 2017-11-07 16:28 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-11-07 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Stephen, Joshua L., Armin, Stephano, Michael, Brian, Richard, Joshua W., Mark, Patrick, Pascal, Randy, Saul, Manju,

Agenda:

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
*       YP 2.4 (Rocko) Final was released on Thursday Oct. 26th.  It provides a number of key new features including upgrades to the kernel, gcc, glibc, and many new recipes.  It also includes improvements to Python 3, go support, wic, devtool, Bitbake server and significant improvements to automated QA testing, both in coverage and performance.
*       YP 2.5 planning is in process, please get you enhancement requests into bugzilla.
*       YP 2.2.3 (Morty) is planned to be built and sent to QA shortly.

* Opens - 10 min
*       Richard - Discussed issues of intermittent failures on the AutoBuilder.  See Weekly Status report for details. Removed Fedora 25 build machines since it is EOL shortly and was failing. May have a fix for the SUSE builders' intermittent failures.  Master and the other branches are not frozen, but it is making merging patches quite slow.

* Team Sharing - 10 min
*       Richard - Discussed focus for YP 2.5 but not yet finalized the themes yet.  Container improvements, YP compatible V2, Layer Setup efforts, Test automation improvements, software update tools.
*       Richard - Discussed removing gcc 6 from YP 2.5.
*       Randy - Discuss limiting supported kernels to 2 per release, but some have had 3 and Pyro had 4 which produced a lot of support issues.
*       Richard - Discussed distributed builds, but multi-config needs to be finished and we don't have the resources to complete at this time and don't want to do an incomplete job.
*       Richard - Would like to add more layers to our QA testing, but not sure we have the bandwidth at this time to do it.

@ 2017-10-03 15:16 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-10-03 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Stephen, Armin, Stephano, Saul, Mark, Michael, Joshua, Robin, Brian, Ulf

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)
* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
YP 2.2.2 was released.
YP 2.3.2 was released.
YP 2.4 M4 is in QA and 81% complete.  See status at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.4_QA_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features
YP 2.5 planning has begun, please get you enhancement requests into bugzilla.

* Opens - 10 min

* Team Sharing - 10 min
Michael - be moving poky contribute for old branches will move to archive.  See the e-mail for details.
Ross - Discussed that in the next cycle we will probably move to a better process.  In future releases our policy regarding version upgrades will be to identify anything that needs to change in M4 in advance (e.g. kernel or u-boot) so this issue becomes clearer and only known changes come in.  This process will be documented before we move to it.
Stephen - We introduced Robin who is a new PM for Yocto Project.
ELC-E status - OEDEM will be the Sunday before ELC-E.  We will have an YP Tech Day associated with ELC-E also.

@ 2017-09-05 15:31 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-09-05 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Richard, Joshua L., Ross, Saul, Trevor, Stephano, Stephen, Leo, Joshua W., Michael, Bill Mills, Mark,

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)
* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
YP 2.4 M3 released last Friday.
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

* Opens - 10 min

* Team Sharing - 10 min
*       YP 2.4 M4 is in process, we are feature frozen. Richard discussed the features which were accepted into YP 2.4 and those which will push to YP 2.5. Discussed issues we are having with Autobuilder.
*       We discussed Pseudo issues.  We have lost ongoing support for Pseudo and are struggling with issues.
*       YP 2.2.2 is now almost ready to be tested, most all the issues have been fixed. This should go in soon.
*       YP 2.3.2 is also being prepared to be tested.
*       Build times have improved with the new Autobuilders.
*       Discussed the need to test layers with YP Compatible testing.

@ 2017-07-11 15:17 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-07-11 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Saul, Stephen, Joshua L., Richard, Paul, Stephano, Joshua W., Ross, Libby, Trevor, Christopher,

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)
* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
YP 2.4 M1 has been released
YP 2.1.3 has been released
YP 2.3.1 and YP 2.2.2 are still planned, but not yet ready to be built.
YP 2.4 M2 is planned to be built next week.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

* Opens - 10 min

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Stable_branch_maintenance

* Team Sharing - 10 min
Richard - Continuing on with the project.  GCC upgrades and tools hardening.  Still debating Memory Resident Bitbake to be default in M2.
Paul - Discussed that no one has complained about Memres yet, but have people been testing it?  Discussed the pro's and con's of using Memres.

@ 2017-06-06 15:30 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-06-06 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Armin, Joshua L., Joshua W., Pascal, Trevor, Stephen, Ross, Stephano, Richard, Michael, Juan, Paul, Mark,

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)
* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
YP 2.2.2 (Morty) rc1 is out of QA.  We agreed to do a respin.
YP 2.1.3 (Krogoth) has not successfully built.  We are not getting much support from the community to fix.
YP 2.3.1 (Pyro) has no agreed to maintainer yet.  A number of CVE fixes and bug fixes are being backported.  But, not a lot of support has come from the community yet. We hope to do a dot release soon, most likely after YP 2.4 M1.
YP 2.4 M1 will build next week.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

* Opens - 10 min
Pyro maintainership - Armin has agreed to do this.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Stable_branch_maintenance

* Team Sharing - 10 min
Richard - Discussed that memres by default has mostly moved to 2.4 M2.  Looking at layer versioning.

@ 2017-05-02 15:27 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-05-02 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Attendees: Joshua Watt, David, Stephen, Patrick, Ross, Michael, Bill, Richard, Jefro, Brian, Randy, Juan, Joshua Lock, Stephano, Pascal, Jair, Zach, Leo,

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)
* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)
YP 2.3 M4 rc4 is in QA - https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.3_QA_Status#Summary_Report.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

YP 2.4 Planning is underway.  Please enter you enhancement requests into Bugzilla.
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.4_Status (Not yet available)
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Schedule (Not yet available)
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.4_Features

* Opens - 10 min
Discussed Documentation status for YP 2.3.  It is still in process.
Discussed YP 2.4 high level tasks.  Currently planning a complete document review, new web site, and high level layer tool for bitbake support.  Themes might be project public presentation and improved usability of the project. They are still under discussion.

* Team Sharing - 10 min
We discussed that we are considering doing an YP 2.1.3 and 2.2.2 soon.   YP 2.1.3 would be the last release in the 2.1.x series.
We discussed RSS (Recipe Specific Sysroots) and Gcc 7.x status. Gcc 7.x shouldn't be a major issue and early in 2.4.

@ 2017-04-04 15:40 Jolley, Stephen K
From: Jolley, Stephen K @ 2017-04-04 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto