* Re: FW: Eclipse plugin question
       [not found] <789F9655DD1B8F43B48D77C5D30659732FF051D3@shsmsx501.ccr.corp.intel.com>
@ 2010-12-02 18:26 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2010-12-02 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ke, Liping; +Cc: poky

On 11/25/2010 07:13 PM, Ke, Liping wrote:
> Seems I use wrong mail list and lost the mail.
>
> Yes. Indeed we need to document this considering the code will
> be finally in the TCF upstream, more users might need it.

I've tried these, but still can't run any programs.

When I'm in the RSE browser mode, I can talk to the board, view processes,
files, etc.

However, when I try to run code, it just sits there.  I see the attached
messages on the host console where I started eclipse.  Does this help?
I can see on my target machine that my program was downloaded (I told
it to go to /tmp/yocto_app), but it just doesn't seem to run via the
remote connection.

Ideas?

[-- Attachment #2: eclipse_messages --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2093 bytes --]

Stream subscribed
new stream id: VS0 , type: Terminals is created
new stream id: VS1 , type: Terminals is created
write line: root

value is root

write: ****Console terminal shell T1848 exited, current shell ID T1848
write line:

value is

write: TCF shell Service: Connected
write line: echo $PWD'>'

write line: chmod +x /tmp/yocto_app;exit

stream id: VS0 type: Terminals is disposed
stream id: VS1 type: Terminals is disposed
org.eclipse.rse.services.clientserver.messages.SystemMessageException: TCF error report:
Command: Terminals exit "T1848"
Time: 2010-12-02 06:03:53.559
Error text: Invalid context ID
Error code: 16
        at org.eclipse.tm.internal.tcf.rse.TCFRSETask.getS(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.tm.internal.tcf.rse.shells.TCFTerminalShell.exit(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.rse.internal.services.shells.TerminalServiceHostShell.exit(TerminalServiceHostShell.java:122)
        at org.eclipse.rse.services.shells.HostShellProcessAdapter.destroy(HostShellProcessAdapter.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.launch.remote.RemoteRunLaunchDelegate.remoteFileDownload(RemoteRunLaunchDelegate.java:294)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.launch.remote.RemoteRunLaunchDelegate.launch(RemoteRunLaunchDelegate.java:219)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:853)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:702)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:923)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$7.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1009)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
new stream id: VS2 , type: Terminals is created
new stream id: VS3 , type: Terminals is created
write line: root

value is root

write: ****Console terminal shell T1853 exited, current shell ID T1853
write line:

value is

write: TCF shell Service: Connected
write line: echo $PWD'>'

write line: /tmp/yocto_app;exit

* Re: FW: Eclipse plugin question
@ 2010-12-02 19:40   ` Zhang, Jessica
From: Zhang, Jessica @ 2010-12-02 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas, Ke, Liping; +Cc: poky

OK, can you try this to ensure your tcf terminal etc. is behaving...
1. Window->Open Perspective->Other->Remote system Explorer
2. In the RSE window, you should see local and below it should have the
remote host/board, there should be "Terminals", can you right click
"Terminals" and select connect, it'll prompt you to login, after you login,
in the right pane of IDE, it should open a remote TCF terminal to the board
and do some thing in the remote terminal, e.g. run your program there, etc.
3. Once you've connected, you can also select "Shells"->"Launch Shell", this
will open a remote shell tab in the IDE and do something there...

Let us know you findings and we'll debug your issue from there.

Thanks,
Jessica

Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 11/25/2010 07:13 PM, Ke, Liping wrote:
>> Seems I use wrong mail list and lost the mail.
>>
>> Yes. Indeed we need to document this considering the code will
>> be finally in the TCF upstream, more users might need it.
>
> I've tried these, but still can't run any programs.
>
> When I'm in the RSE browser mode, I can talk to the board, view
> processes, files, etc.
>
> However, when I try to run code, it just sits there.  I see the
> attached messages on the host console where I started eclipse.  Does
> this help?
> I can see on my target machine that my program was downloaded (I told
> it to go to /tmp/yocto_app), but it just doesn't seem to run via the
> remote connection.
>
> Ideas?

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 8455 bytes --]

* Re: FW: Eclipse plugin question
@ 2010-12-02 22:16     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2010-12-02 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang, Jessica; +Cc: poky

On 12/02/2010 12:40 PM, Zhang, Jessica wrote:
> OK, can you try this to ensure your tcf terminal etc. is behaving...
> 1. Window->Open Perspective->Other->Remote system Explorer
> 2. In the RSE window, you should see local and below it should have the
> remote host/board, there should be "Terminals", can you right click
> "Terminals" and select connect, it'll prompt you to login, after you login,
> in the right pane of IDE, it should open a remote TCF terminal to the board
> and do some thing in the remote terminal, e.g. run your program there, etc.
> 3. Once you've connected, you can also select "Shells"->"Launch Shell", this
> will open a remote shell tab in the IDE and do something there...
>
> Let us know you findings and we'll debug your issue from there.

Interestingly, when I right-click on Terminals, I only have the option
to _disconnect_, not connect.

I went ahead and disconnected, then reconnected.  More messages like
before on my host console.  No remote TCF terminal.  See
   http://www.mlbassoc.com/poky/EclipsePlugin/TCF-after-connect.png

Then I tried to explicitly open a terminal, no luck either
   http://www.mlbassoc.com/poky/EclipsePlugin/TCF-after-open-terminal.png

I also tried to open a shell, still no joy
   http://www.mlbassoc.com/poky/EclipsePlugin/TCF-after-launch-shell.png

Anything else I can try?

@ 2010-12-02 23:32       ` Zhang, Jessica
From: Zhang, Jessica @ 2010-12-02 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: poky

Now, it seems you're having some issue on setting up TCF connections, we
need to resolve this before you can use remote debugging/run.  Can you right
click "Terminals" under "localhost.192.168.1.177" and select "properties",
then highlight "TCF Connection Setting" and send us the screen shot of this?

One thing I want to point out, since you're connecting to remote system
"192.168.1.177" as root, when you login to that system as root, what command
prompt you get? E.g. $ or #, then in the TCF connection setup you need to
set them exactly the same...also, does root need password to login to the
remote device? If so, in the TCF connection wizard, you need to chage
PWD.Required from "false" to "true".

@ 2010-12-02 23:53         ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2010-12-02 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang, Jessica; +Cc: poky

On 12/02/2010 04:32 PM, Zhang, Jessica wrote:
> Now, it seems you're having some issue on setting up TCF connections, we
> need to resolve this before you can use remote debugging/run.  Can you right
> click "Terminals" under "localhost.192.168.1.177" and select "properties",
> then highlight "TCF Connection Setting" and send us the screen shot of this?
>
> One thing I want to point out, since you're connecting to remote system
> "192.168.1.177" as root, when you login to that system as root, what command
> prompt you get? E.g. $ or #, then in the TCF connection setup you need to
> set them exactly the same...also, does root need password to login to the
> remote device? If so, in the TCF connection wizard, you need to chage
> PWD.Required from "false" to "true".

That was at least part of the problem.  I don't recall the TCF wizard
ever asking me these questions (but I might have missed it).  I poked
around and right clicked on the connection (192.168.1.177) and got into
the TCF properties and was able to set this to true.

I had to restart eclipse to make it go though.

At this point, I can run something, thanks.  I'll let you know if I
have other problems.