* [ath9k-devel] Access point timeout
@ 2010-05-04 21:08 Christoph Kling
From: Christoph Kling @ 2010-05-04 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hello,

I lose regularly the connection to my access point with the following message in the kernel log:

No probe response from AP 00:80:48:3f:57:d7 after 500ms, disconnecting.

How can I raise this timeout of 500ms?

Kernel: 2.6.33.2

Regards
Christoph Kling
From: Daniel Yingqiang Ma @ 2010-05-05  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

As far as I know, this should be printed by hostapd. If there is no
any data transmit between the AP and a STA for 5 minutes, hostapd will
send out a 'probe' frame to the STA to check whether the link is still
ok or not, if there is no response, it will disconnect it, which is
where the log printed.

So maybe you should check whether the STA doesn't answer it first.

-Daniel

@ 2010-05-05 12:38   ` Christoph Kling
From: Christoph Kling @ 2010-05-05 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hello Daniel,

thank you for hints.

Sorry, I was not clear enough. My computer is the station and I lose the connection to some access point.

Regards
Christoph Kling

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----