* Re: Vmxnet3 activation of device fails in DPDK1.7
@ 2015-12-10 18:36 Yong Wang
From: Yong Wang @ 2015-12-10 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dey, Souvik, dev

On 12/10/15, 2:22 AM, "dev on behalf of Dey, Souvik" <dev-bounces@dpdk.org on behalf of sodey@sonusnet.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>                In DPDK 1.7 , while using the vmxnet3 pmd on vmware Esxi 5.5 update 3 we are seeing that activation of the device fails.
>
>status = VMXNET3_READ_BAR1_REG(hw, VMXNET3_REG_CMD); return a non zero status. Though the normal vmxnet3.ko works fine in the same system. Any idea if anyone has faced this type of issue.
>
>--
>Regards,
>Souvik

Did it work for ESXi 5.5 update 2 or some earlier version?

Can you also post the rx ring size you used to config the rx queue?
In update 3, there are some changes to the max allowed rx ring size
for ring1. Even ring1 is not used yet in the pmd, the setup code
sets ring1’s size the same as ring0’s.

* Vmxnet3 activation of device fails in DPDK1.7
@ 2015-12-10 10:22 Dey, Souvik