* [MPTCP] Feedback to the IETF
@ 2019-11-20  7:52 Christoph Paasch
From: Christoph Paasch @ 2019-11-20  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

Hello,

I have mentioned to the IETF that the upstreaming effort brought forward some feedback,... to the IETF-draft.

Now, the draft is about to become an RFC very soon. Currently it is in the "RFC-Editor" stage, which is the last stage before official publication.

Ideally, we should get feedback to the IETF as soon as possible so that the working-group can make adjustements before publication. Otherwise, it would need to got through an "Errata" process which means to correct the published RFC.

So, let me try to compile a list of things that came up. Please correct or add anything:

Clarifying that the reception of a DATA_ACK means that the server successfully received the MP_CAPABLE (Text "If B has data to send first, then the reliable delivery of the ACK can be inferred by the receipt of this data with an MPTCP DATA_ACK inside the DSS option (Section 3.3).)

Should we vouch to disallow early or late DSS mappings that are covering a TCP-sequence space different than the packet they are being sent on (cfr., our discussion on/around September 25th)

ADD_ADDR-option size - last  week we discussed this briefly and I replied by mail that the size-problem is actually for the non-Echo option. In that one there is no way to get around it and all the bits need to be presented. Do you agree on that?

Anything else?

Cheers,
Christoph