* osstest ts-xen-install: what's forbidden() for
@ 2014-08-21  6:21 Hu, Robert
From: Hu, Robert @ 2014-08-21  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ian Jackson', Ian Campbell, Wei Liu; +Cc: Pang, LongtaoX, xen-devel

Hi,

May I know what is sub forbidden() purpose? Why need such an operation?
My 2 cents: If we can have comments before each (most) functions, we can easier understand the code.

Best Regards,
Robert Ho

* Re: osstest ts-xen-install: what's forbidden() for
@ 2014-08-21 11:02 ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2014-08-21 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hu, Robert
  Cc: Wei Liu, Pang, LongtaoX, 'Ian Jackson', Ian Campbell, xen-devel

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 06:21:31AM +0000, Hu, Robert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> May I know what is sub forbidden() purpose? Why need such an operation?

In any case you can use 'git blame' to look at the commit message.

> My 2 cents: If we can have comments before each (most) functions, we can easier understand the code.

I think most helper functions are quite self-explanatory. If you have
problem using helper functions you can have a look at other call sites.
Don't have much to say for this specific case though.

Wei.

@ 2014-08-21 17:40 ` Ian Jackson
From: Ian Jackson @ 2014-08-21 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hu, Robert; +Cc: Pang, LongtaoX, Wei Liu, Ian Campbell, xen-devel

Hu, Robert writes ("osstest ts-xen-install: what's forbidden() for"):
> May I know what is sub forbidden() purpose? Why need such an operation?

It's one of the parts of the work of ts-xen-install.  For convenience
and clarity, various subparts of the work are split off into named
subroutines.

The contents seem self-explanatory to me.  It's to turn the presence
of certain paths in the xen dist tree into test failures.

> My 2 cents: If we can have comments before each (most) functions, we can easier understand the code.

It is true that there are some functions in osstest that could do with
better doc comments.  IMO this is not such a function.

Ian.