* Building Xenomai 3 , Kernel 4 ... for BeagleBone Black
@ 2019-07-29 17:23 danwe
From: danwe @ 2019-07-29 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

Is there any different of Building Xenomai 3 with the proper Kernel for a
BBB to any other microcomputers/computers?
On https://xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/README.INSTALL/ are so
many different examples and I do not understand what I need to do to build
this.
Is there any example to build Xenomai 3 and Kernel with Buildroot?
Does flashing on SD-Card depend on building Xenomai with Kernel?
I just need to run Xenomai 3 with the proper Kernel on a BeagleBone Black

Thanks.

Daniel

* Re: Building Xenomai 3 , Kernel 4 ... for BeagleBone Black
@ 2019-07-30 14:22 ` Jan Kiszka
       [not found]   ` <CAEmXcAwpe3dVcriUjFYdvsQB0Kra13nY+yLtCDCyzoeCww+xCA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2019-07-30 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: danwe, xenomai

On 29.07.19 19:23, danwe via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any different of Building Xenomai 3 with the proper Kernel for a
> BBB to any other microcomputers/computers?
> On https://xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/README.INSTALL/ are so
> many different examples and I do not understand what I need to do to build
> this.
> Is there any example to build Xenomai 3 and Kernel with Buildroot?

IIRC, buildroot has a Xenomai 3 package. That might be outdated a bit, but it
should be simple to build on top.

> Does flashing on SD-Card depend on building Xenomai with Kernel?
> I just need to run Xenomai 3 with the proper Kernel on a BeagleBone Black

If you only need the kernel and the userland tools on top of an existing image:
You can study how to cross-build for other archs also in our CI setup
(.travis.yml file in the source tree). That should be in line with what the doc
says about cross-building, but it's also for sure what we run on every push to git.

Jan

* Fwd: Building Xenomai 3 , Kernel 4 ... for BeagleBone Black
       [not found]   ` <CAEmXcAwpe3dVcriUjFYdvsQB0Kra13nY+yLtCDCyzoeCww+xCA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-07-31  6:50     ` danwe
From: danwe @ 2019-07-31  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Thanks for your response. Maybe it was a bit unclear from my side:
I need to build the Kernel and Xenomai 3. So I do neither want to build the
kernel and userland tools on top of an existing image nor building anything
on top. Or what do you mean by building on top? Is there anything "deeper"
than a Kernel?
And again: Does building a Kernel with Xenomai 3 depends on the paltform I
want to use it on? I need to use it on a BeagleBone Black. Do I have to
change anything for use it on BBB?
Thanks.

Daniel

* Re: Fwd: Building Xenomai 3 , Kernel 4 ... for BeagleBone Black
@ 2019-07-31  7:01       ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2019-07-31  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: danwe; +Cc: xenomai

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 08:50:18AM +0200, danwe via Xenomai wrote:
> Thanks for your response. Maybe it was a bit unclear from my side:
> I need to build the Kernel and Xenomai 3. So I do neither want to build the
> kernel and userland tools on top of an existing image nor building anything
> on top. Or what do you mean by building on top? Is there anything "deeper"
> than a Kernel?
> And again: Does building a Kernel with Xenomai 3 depends on the paltform I
> want to use it on? I need to use it on a BeagleBone Black. Do I have to
> change anything for use it on BBB?
> Thanks.

You could use the setup I employ for doing the CIP kernel tests. All
nicely prepared for Xenomai 3 and BBB, only thing you'd have to swap out
is the kernel itself which is not too complicated.

https://github.com/LetoThe2nd/meta-xenomai

Greetz
--
———————————————
Josef Holzmayr

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
———————————————
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548

Amtsgericht Ingolstadt - GmbH: HRB 191328 - KG: HRA 170363

@ 2019-07-31  7:59         ` danwe
From: danwe @ 2019-07-31  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr, xenomai

Thanks for the setup. Sorry for asking but as I am new to that topic I
don't understand how to use that site u sent me. Do I have to download
Xenomai 3 first and then copy/paste the files on your site? I don't really
understand the readme file.
For example: In the readme file I see the following:

After adding meta-core and a BSP layer (right now there's only meta-beaglebone
available, so probably that one!), build the xenomai-test-image.

So now I ask myself. Where should I add meta-core and meta-beaglebone to
and how can I build the xenomai-test-image then?
I don't understand the dependencies.

Thanks.

Daniel

@ 2019-07-31  8:22           ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2019-07-31  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: danwe; +Cc: xenomai

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 09:59:41AM +0200, danwe wrote:
> Thanks for the setup. Sorry for asking but as I am new to that topic I
> don't understand how to use that site u sent me. Do I have to download
> Xenomai 3 first and then copy/paste the files on your site? I don't really
> understand the readme file.
> For example: In the readme file I see the following:
>

> After adding meta-core and a BSP layer (right now there's only meta-beaglebone
> available, so probably that one!), build the xenomai-test-image.
>

> So now I ask myself. Where should I add meta-core and meta-beaglebone to
> and how can I build the xenomai-test-image then?
> I don't understand the dependencies.

Its a completely generic OpenEmbedded build setup. If you're not used to
doing so, just go to readme item IV: Using kas. Then it essentially
boils down to the three commands given there verbatim, just needing
docker to be available as well as quite some HD space and CPU cycles.

@ 2019-07-31 13:04             ` danwe
From: danwe @ 2019-07-31 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr, xenomai

Thanks for your answer. I can built it so far but I get many warnings that
it cannot fetch tar-files from rpm5.org as this site is no longer available.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Daniel

Am Mi., 31. Juli 2019 um 10:22 Uhr schrieb Josef Holzmayr <

@ 2019-08-01  7:24               ` danwe
From: danwe @ 2019-08-01  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr, xenomai

Here are the warning and error outputs of my built: Do you have any ideas I
can change this? I appreciate any suggestions.

Initialising tasks: 100% |#######################################| Time:
0:00:17

NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks

NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks

WARNING: bzip2-1.0.6-r5 do_fetch: Checksum mismatch for local file
/work/build/downloads/bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz

Cleaning and trying again.

WARNING: bzip2-1.0.6-r5 do_fetch: Renaming
/work/build/downloads/bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz to
/work/build/downloads/bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz_bad-checksum_527819af097ee3014e4d442315b6f283

WARNING: bzip2-1.0.6-r5 do_fetch: Checksum failure encountered with
download of http://www.bzip.org/1.0.6/bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz - will attempt
other sources if available

WARNING: libpcre-native-8.39-r0 do_fetch: Checksum mismatch for local file
/work/build/downloads/pcre-8.39.tar.bz2

Cleaning and trying again.

WARNING: libpcre-native-8.39-r0 do_fetch: Renaming
/work/build/downloads/pcre-8.39.tar.bz2 to
/work/build/downloads/pcre-8.39.tar.bz2_bad-checksum_dd1af1bf51a2626b9577074690512335

WARNING: libpcre-native-8.39-r0 do_fetch: Checksum failure encountered with
download of
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projects/pcre/files/prce/8.39/pcre-8.39.tar.bz2
- will attempt other sources if available

WARNING: popt-native-1.16-r3 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL
http://rpm5.org/files/popt/popt-1.16.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: rpm-native-5.4.16-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL
http://www.rpm5.org/files/rpm/rpm-5.4/rpm-5.4.15-0.20140824.src.rpm;name=srpm;extract=rpm-5.4.15.tar.gz,
attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: shadow-native-4.2.1-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL
http://pkg-shadow.alioth.debian.org/releases/shadow-4.2.1.tar.xz,
attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: xcb-proto-1.12-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL
http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/xcb-proto-1.12.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS
if available

WARNING: libpthread-stubs-0.3-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL
http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/libpthread-stubs-0.3.tar.bz2, attempting
MIRRORS if available

WARNING: tcl-native-8.6.6-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tcl/tcl8.6.6-src.tar.gz, attempting
MIRRORS if available

WARNING: coreutils-8.25-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/coreutils-8.25-man.tar.xz;name=manpages,
attempting MIRRORS if available

Currently  1 running tasks (1362 of 2032)  66%
|####################           |

Currently  1 running tasks (1362 of 2032)  66%
|####################           |

ERROR: xenomai-test-image-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: Function failed:
do_image_wic (log file is located at
/work/build/tmp/work/beaglebone_xenomai-poky-linux-gnueabi/xenomai-test-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.30602)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/work/build/tmp/work/beaglebone_xenomai-poky-linux-gnueabi/xenomai-test-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.30602

Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing python function set_image_size

| DEBUG: Python function set_image_size finished

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_image_wic

| Checking basic build environment...

| Done.

| Build artifacts not found, exiting.

|   (Please check that the build artifacts for the machine

|    selected in local.conf actually exist and that they

|    are the correct artifacts for the image (.wks file)).

| The artifact that couldn't be found was kernel-dir:

|   /work/build/tmp/deploy/images/beaglebone-xenomai

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_image_wic (log file is located at
/work/build/tmp/work/beaglebone_xenomai-poky-linux-gnueabi/xenomai-test-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.30602)

ERROR: Task (/repo/meta-core/recipes-xenomai/images/xenomai-test-image.bb:do_image_wic)
failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2029 tasks of which 7 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.

Exception ignored when trying to write to the signal wakeup fd:

BlockingIOError: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

[...]

@ 2019-08-01  7:46                 ` danwe
From: danwe @ 2019-08-01  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

-

@ 2019-08-02  7:29 ` Pierre FICHEUX
From: Pierre FICHEUX @ 2019-08-02  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: danwe; +Cc: xenomai

Hi,

I did a test with Xenomai 3 + BR for BBB.

I can send you the 'external' tree you can use for BR configuration.

$ make BR2_EXTERNAL=<path>/external  bbb_xeno3_defconfig
$ make

regards

--

Pierre FICHEUX -/- CTO Smile ECS, France -\- pierre.ficheux@smile.fr
                             http://www.smile.fr

* Re: Building Xenomai 3 , Kernel 4 ... for BeagleBone Black
@ 2019-08-04 10:47   ` danwe
From: danwe @ 2019-08-04 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre FICHEUX, xenomai

Hello,