* [hch-jcswGhMUV9g@public.gmane.org: Re: CQ and RDMA READ/WRITE APIs]
@ 2016-05-16 12:48 Christoph Hellwig
       [not found] ` <20160516124838.GA1896-jcswGhMUV9g@public.gmane.org>
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2016-05-16 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Sorry, forgot linux-rdma.  Please reply on the main thread on linux-kernel
instead of here.

----- Forwarded message from Christoph Hellwig <hch-jcswGhMUV9g@public.gmane.org> -----

Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 13:49:26 +0200
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch-jcswGhMUV9g@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: CQ and RDMA READ/WRITE APIs
To: Doug Ledford <dledford-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
Cc: torvalds-de/tnXTf+JLsfHDXvbKv3WD2FQJk+8+b@public.gmane.org, linux-kernel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org

[adding Linus and linux-kernel to Cc]

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 08:04:17PM -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
> You submitted new files into the subsystem under GPL only license in
> contrast to the rest of the subsystem.  This presents a problem.  I'm in
> the position where I need to either revert them, or I need your
> permission to make them dual license GPL/BSD to match the rest of the
> subsystem.  Were you intentionally trying to make the OFED work illegal,
> or just an oversight?

Hi Doug,

the RDMA code was developed for a GPLed driver and moved to the code,
and lots of people contributed to it under the GPL, as they assumed
Linux code in genral is.  Іf dual-licensing is possible at all it would
require a lot of work, which I don't think is worth it.  If you don't
want GPL code in the core rdma.ko module we can move it to a rdma-gpl.ko
module, but that would be a little bit odd.

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: [hch-jcswGhMUV9g@public.gmane.org: Re: CQ and RDMA READ/WRITE APIs]
       [not found] ` <20160516124838.GA1896-jcswGhMUV9g@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-05-16 15:20   ` Doug Ledford