* Boeing Engineer - Help Needed (URGENT)
@ 2021-06-17 19:21 Su (US), Nelson Z
From: Su (US), Nelson Z @ 2021-06-17 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi U-Boot devs,

I am an engineer working for Boeing and I need assistance with getting a MicroChip VSC6803 API (https://github.com/microchip-ung/mesa) to work on their VSC7429 Ethernet Switch. From their API, we have a MFI image file built to load onto the Switch and this was instructed to be done with U-Boot. The problem is we have a board with a blank NOR chip, so we have no starting image to even get U-Boot up. How would we get an image with U-Boot onto our NOR chip? We have SPI connector for SPI NOR flash. Our board is a Luton26. We have no idea how to get U-Boot loaded onto our chip. I read on the U-Boot project's README that U-Boot can be installed in a boot ROM, but I have no idea how to do that. Please help. This is extremely time critical.

Thanks,

Nelson Su