* Question regarding to 2.4 kernel and MTD
@ 2005-04-22  8:09 Daniel Ann
From: Daniel Ann @ 2005-04-22  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hey folks,

I know I've read enuf times that 2.4 series are considered ancient and
everything, but I really need to give it a try on 2.4.21. My question
is, how come I cant seem to locate any snapshots between 2002 and 2005
?

Did people of MTD went on long holiday ? :)

Closest one I've found was snapshot made on the 2005.3.4, but even
that file is missing from the FTP server.

If anyone carries anything that is remotely similar to what Im doing,
I'd love to give it a go.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Daniel

* Re: Question regarding to 2.4 kernel and MTD
@ 2005-04-22  8:31 ` Artem B. Bityuckiy
From: Artem B. Bityuckiy @ 2005-04-22  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Ann; +Cc: linux-mtd

Daniel Ann wrote:
> I know I've read enuf times that 2.4 series are considered ancient and
> everything, but I really need to give it a try on 2.4.21. My question
> is, how come I cant seem to locate any snapshots between 2002 and 2005
> ?
People say the recent snapshot works with 2.4, may be with some tweaks.

Old snapshots may be fetched from CVS I suppose.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,

* Re: Question regarding to 2.4 kernel and MTD
@ 2005-04-22  8:40   ` Daniel Ann
From: Daniel Ann @ 2005-04-22  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Artem B. Bityuckiy; +Cc: linux-mtd

On 4/22/05, Artem B. Bityuckiy <dedekind@yandex.ru> wrote:
> People say the recent snapshot works with 2.4, may be with some tweaks.

Im currently giving a go with the snapshot made on the april first
2005. May be I should work with at least april the second :P

> Old snapshots may be fetched from CVS I suppose.

Ahhh.. do you think I could get some pointer in checking out older
version from CVS ? I have no problem checking out latest, but my
knowledge in CVS seems very limited at this stage. small quick tip
would go a long way :)

--

@ 2005-04-22  8:58     ` Artem B. Bityuckiy
From: Artem B. Bityuckiy @ 2005-04-22  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Ann; +Cc: Artem B. Bityuckiy, linux-mtd

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 17:40 +0900, Daniel Ann wrote:
> Ahhh.. do you think I could get some pointer in checking out older
> version from CVS ? I have no problem checking out latest, but my
> knowledge in CVS seems very limited at this stage. small quick tip
> would go a long way :)

Ex.: cvs -D 2002-04-22

See 'man cvs' for details.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,

* Re: Question regarding to 2.4 kernel and MTD
@ 2005-04-24  6:35     ` Daniel Ann
From: Daniel Ann @ 2005-04-24  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Artem B. Bityuckiy; +Cc: linux-mtd

On 4/22/05, Daniel Ann <ktdann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/22/05, Artem B. Bityuckiy <dedekind@yandex.ru> wrote:
> > People say the recent snapshot works with 2.4, may be with some tweaks.
>
> Im currently giving a go with the snapshot made on the april first
> 2005. May be I should work with at least april the second :P

Just so people know, it worked :)

--
Daniel