* Error in "wait_stub_done" when statically linked uml binary
@ 2023-02-13 16:04 Benjamin Beichler
From: Benjamin Beichler @ 2023-02-13 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-um

Hi,

I try to link a UML-Binary from uml-next branch statically and getting
the following error:

wait_stub_done : failed to wait for SIGTRAP, pid = 1365057, n = 1365057,
errno = 25, status = 0xb7f

If I run in the exact same setup a dynamically linked binary, it works
as expected. There were a patch last year about this (um: Fix filtering
'-mno-global-merge'), which was later reverted (because it was fixed
globally as far as I understand). Does anybody have a hint what the
problem is? I'm running a vanilla ubnutu rootfs with systemd in this
kernel, but as this works with a dynamically linked kernel, I would not
expect this to be an issue. That said, I would expect the errno to be bogus.

Benjamin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-02-13 16:04 UTC | newest]