* Ubuntu and AverMedia DVD EZMaker USB Gold
@ 2010-03-02  9:34 Jorge Cabrera
       [not found] ` <9c4b1d601003020605t737cad37uf682184d5b264045@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jorge Cabrera @ 2010-03-02  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make an "AverMedia DVD EZMaker USB Gold" work with Ubuntu
(tried in a computer with 9.04 and other two with 9.10) with a Sony EVI
D70P Camera. I installed the linux drivers from AverMedia and when I
connect the device the system shows the following message when i run dmesg:

[69302.964025] usb 2-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 6
[69303.637332] usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[69303.860132] C038 registered V4L2 device video0[video]
[69303.860160] C038 registered V4L2 device vbi0[vbi]
[69303.860440] C038 registered ALSA sound card 2

Problem is that when I connect the camera it doesn' work, tried with
cheese, gstreamer-properties, camorama and always get the same error:

libv4l2: error getting pixformat: Invalid argument

I tried connecting the camera with s-video and composite video with the
same result. Funny thing is that I get the same error without connecting
the camera so I guess it's just a problem with the AverMedia device.
Works well on Windows.

I've been reading a lot on this but still have no clues. Has anyone got
this type of device working under linux? should I use some other driver?

I would really appreciate any help.

Cheers,

--
Jorge Cabrera
Ándago Ingeniería - www.andago.com

Teléfono: +34 916 011 373
Móvil: +34 637 741 034
e-mail: jorge.cabrera@andago.com

C/Alcalde Ángel Arroyo n.º10 1.ªPl. (28904) Getafe, Madrid

@ 2010-03-02 14:06   ` Adrian Pardini
From: Adrian Pardini @ 2010-03-02 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

forgot the list...

> I'm trying to make an "AverMedia DVD EZMaker USB Gold" work with Ubuntu
> (tried in a computer with 9.04 and other two with 9.10) with a Sony EVI
> D70P Camera. I installed the linux drivers from AverMedia and when I
> connect the device the system shows the following message when i run dmesg:

[...]

Hi there, just gessing... Could you try the drivers at linuxtv.org
instead and see what happens?(unistall the avermedia ones before)
Either clone a repo or grab this:
 http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/archive/tip.tar.bz2

By the way, this list is deprecated, the new one is at
linux-media@vger.kernel.org

cheers

--
Adrian.
http://milongadelplayon.com.ar

* Re: Ubuntu and AverMedia DVD EZMaker USB Gold
@ 2010-03-15 22:53   ` Adrian Pardini
From: Adrian Pardini @ 2010-03-15 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/03/2010, Jorge Cabrera <jorge.cabrera@andago.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I was wrong here, the driver works, the device works great but what's
> going on is that it uses the tuner as the default input, when I run
> mplayer with input=1 (composite video) or input=2 (s-video) it works good:
>
> mplayer tv:// -tv input=1:device=/dev/video0
>
> But this isn't good enough because cheese and camorama and flash use the
> default input. How can I set up default input to composite video or
> s-video? Should I add something to the options that the Avermedia kernel
> module uses?

Try using the v4lctl command. Something like

v4lctl setinput Composite1

will do. You can replace "Composite1" with other names like Television
etc. The manpage has more information.

--
Adrian.
http://elesquinazotango.com.ar

* Re: Ubuntu and AverMedia DVD EZMaker USB Gold
@ 2010-03-04 18:12 ` Jorge Cabrera
From: Jorge Cabrera @ 2010-03-04 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hello again,

I was wrong here, the driver works, the device works great but what's
going on is that it uses the tuner as the default input, when I run
mplayer with input=1 (composite video) or input=2 (s-video) it works good:

mplayer tv:// -tv input=1:device=/dev/video0

But this isn't good enough because cheese and camorama and flash use the
default input. How can I set up default input to composite video or
s-video? Should I add something to the options that the Avermedia kernel
module uses?

I would appreciate any help,

Cheers

--