* OSD has the store locked???
@ 2017-02-14 13:56 Willem Jan Withagen
From: Willem Jan Withagen @ 2017-02-14 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

Hi,

Running ceph_objectstore_tool.py just about all command get the
complaint that "OSD has the store locked".

Like:
Test --op list variants
OSD has the store locked
ERROR:Bad exit status 1 from
/home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/build/bin/ceph-objectstore-tool
--data-path /home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/build/cot_dir/dev/osd0
--op list --format json

Why would I get "the store locked"??

Thanx,
--WjW

* Re: OSD has the store locked???
@ 2017-02-14 15:23 ` wido
From: wido @ 2017-02-14 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Willem Jan Withagen; +Cc: Ceph Development

> Op 14 feb. 2017 om 14:57 heeft Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hi,
>
> Running ceph_objectstore_tool.py just about all command get the
> complaint that "OSD has the store locked".

Is the OSD still running? If so, stop it first.

Wido

> Like:
> Test --op list variants
> OSD has the store locked
> ERROR:Bad exit status 1 from
> /home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/build/bin/ceph-objectstore-tool
> --data-path /home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/build/cot_dir/dev/osd0
> --op list --format json
>
> Why would I get "the store locked"??
>
> Thanx,
> --WjW

* Re: OSD has the store locked???
@ 2017-02-14 15:55   ` Willem Jan Withagen
From: Willem Jan Withagen @ 2017-02-14 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wido; +Cc: Ceph Development

On 14-2-2017 16:23, wido@42on.com wrote:

>> Op 14 feb. 2017 om 14:57 heeft Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Running ceph_objectstore_tool.py just about all command get the
>> complaint that "OSD has the store locked".
>>

> Is the OSD still running? If so, stop it first.
>
> Wido
>
>> Like:
>> Test --op list variants
>> OSD has the store locked
>> ERROR:Bad exit status 1 from
>> /home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/build/bin/ceph-objectstore-tool
>> --data-path /home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/build/cot_dir/dev/osd0
>> --op list --format json
>>
>> Why would I get "the store locked"??

Hi Wido,

A usual I have to apologize for not supplying all the details.

This is from my FreeBSD ceph-master jenkins testbot, that runs into this
problem over, over and over.
The tests are serialized, so I'd expect to have no OSDs leftover before
a new test is running.

ATM there are no OSDs running.

Who is generating this error:
	ceph_objectstore_tool itself
or	the OSD via one of the com-channels

--WjW

* Re: OSD has the store locked???
@ 2017-02-14 17:11     ` kefu chai
       [not found]       ` <1932d5fb-6e0c-6797-7e02-c11cda618dab@digiware.nl>
From: kefu chai @ 2017-02-14 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Willem Jan Withagen; +Cc: wido, Ceph Development

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> wrote:
> On 14-2-2017 16:23, wido@42on.com wrote:
>>

>>> Op 14 feb. 2017 om 14:57 heeft Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> het volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Running ceph_objectstore_tool.py just about all command get the
>>> complaint that "OSD has the store locked".
>>>

>> Is the OSD still running? If so, stop it first.
>>
>> Wido
>>
>>> Like:
>>> Test --op list variants
>>> OSD has the store locked
>>> ERROR:Bad exit status 1 from
>>> /home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/build/bin/ceph-objectstore-tool
>>> --data-path /home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/build/cot_dir/dev/osd0
>>> --op list --format json
>>>
>>> Why would I get "the store locked"??
>
> Hi Wido,
>
> A usual I have to apologize for not supplying all the details.
>
> This is from my FreeBSD ceph-master jenkins testbot, that runs into this
> problem over, over and over.
> The tests are serialized, so I'd expect to have no OSDs leftover before
> a new test is running.
>
> ATM there are no OSDs running.
>
> Who is generating this error:
>         ceph_objectstore_tool itself
> or      the OSD via one of the com-channels

Willem, this issue is spotted in the jenkins run on github also.

> --WjW

Regards
Kefu Chai

* Re: OSD has the store locked???
       [not found]       ` <1932d5fb-6e0c-6797-7e02-c11cda618dab@digiware.nl>
@ 2017-02-15  2:51         ` kefu chai
From: kefu chai @ 2017-02-15  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Willem Jan Withagen; +Cc: wido, Ceph Development

it's already fixed by https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/13419.

--
Regards
Kefu Chai

* Re: OSD has the store locked???
@ 2017-02-15  7:56           ` Willem Jan Withagen
From: Willem Jan Withagen @ 2017-02-15  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kefu chai; +Cc: wido, Ceph Development

On 15-2-2017 03:51, kefu chai wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl> wrote:

>>> Willem, this issue is spotted in the jenkins run on github also.
>>
>> Any fix in sight?
>> Or things I can do to help figure it out?
>
> it's already fixed by https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/13419.

My FreeBSD Jenkins agrees:
Jenkins build is back to normal : ceph-master #291

Thanx,
--WjW