* [Bluez-devel] Encryption
@ 2005-12-01 21:25 Abu hasnat Sayem
From: Abu hasnat Sayem @ 2005-12-01 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

I am working on doing Encryption and Authentication at the RFCOMM and L2CAP
level using BlueZ. I would like to know if there exists certain function
calls to accompolish it or i have to incorporate new code in it.

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Encryption
@ 2005-12-02  5:10 ` Collin R. Mulliner
From: Collin R. Mulliner @ 2005-12-02  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Hi Abu,

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:25 -0600, Abu hasnat Sayem wrote:
> I am working on doing Encryption and Authentication at the RFCOMM and
> L2CAP level using BlueZ. I would like to know if there exists certain
> function calls to accompolish it or i have to incorporate new code in
> it.

this is done via setsockopt(2), take a look at:
/usr/src/bluez-utils-2.22/pand/main.c (search for SECURE)

or check sobexsrv (http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/sobexsrv.php)

... Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <collin@betaversion.net>
BETAVERSiON Systems [www.betaversion.net]

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Encryption
@ 2005-12-05 16:08   ` Abu hasnat Sayem
From: Abu hasnat Sayem @ 2005-12-05 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Collin,

pand does it at the L2CAP level, i am working to provide encryption at the
RFCOMM level..
Is it possible to do so via some function calls...

Abu

On 12/1/05, Collin R. Mulliner <collin@betaversion.net> wrote:

> Hi Abu,
>
> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:25 -0600, Abu hasnat Sayem wrote:
> > I am working on doing Encryption and Authentication at the RFCOMM and
> > L2CAP level using BlueZ. I would like to know if there exists certain
> > function calls to accompolish it or i have to incorporate new code in
> > it.
>
> this is done via setsockopt(2), take a look at:
> /usr/src/bluez-utils-2.22/pand/main.c (search for SECURE)
>
> or check sobexsrv (http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/sobexsrv.php)
>
> ... Collin
>
> --
> Collin R. Mulliner <collin@betaversion.net>
> BETAVERSiON Systems [www.betaversion.net]
> info/pgp: finger collin@betaversion.net
> Don't talk just code!

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Encryption
@ 2005-12-05 16:19     ` Albert Huang
From: Albert Huang @ 2005-12-05 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

replace L2CAP_LM_ENCRYPT with RFCOMM_LM_ENCRYPT, etc...
also see dund

-albert

On 12/5/05, Abu hasnat Sayem <ahsayem@gmail.com> wrote:

> Collin,
>
> pand does it at the L2CAP level, i am working to provide encryption at the
> RFCOMM level..
> Is it possible to do so via some function calls...
>
> Abu
>

> On 12/1/05, Collin R. Mulliner <collin@betaversion.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Abu,
> >
> > On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:25 -0600, Abu hasnat Sayem wrote:
> > > I am working on doing Encryption and Authentication at the RFCOMM and
> > > L2CAP level using BlueZ. I would like to know if there exists certain
> > > function calls to accompolish it or i have to incorporate new code in
> > > it.
> >
> > this is done via setsockopt(2), take a look at:
> > /usr/src/bluez-utils-2.22/pand/main.c (search for SECURE)
> >
> > or check sobexsrv (http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/sobexsrv.php)
> >
> > ... Collin
> >
> > --
> > Collin R. Mulliner <collin@betaversion.net>