* test_isa_retry_flush() in ide-test.c
@ 2022-01-07 16:01 Thomas Huth
From: Thomas Huth @ 2022-01-07 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Snow; +Cc: QEMU Developers

  Hi John!

I just notice that test_isa_retry_flush() is not doing anything useful
anymore: It likely was supposed to run the test_retry_flush() function with
the "isapc" machine type, but actually test_retry_flush() ignores the
machine option parameter completely and always uses PCI accessor functions
nowadays (since commit 9c268f8ae84ae186).
Question is: Is it worth the effort to try to restore the original intended
behavior for the ISA test here, or shall we rather simply remove it instead
to save some testing cycles?

  Thomas

* Re: test_isa_retry_flush() in ide-test.c
@ 2022-01-07 17:27 ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2022-01-07 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Huth, John Snow; +Cc: QEMU Developers

On 1/7/22 17:01, Thomas Huth wrote:
>   Hi John!
>
> I just notice that test_isa_retry_flush() is not doing anything useful
> anymore: It likely was supposed to run the test_retry_flush() function
> with the "isapc" machine type, but actually test_retry_flush() ignores
> the machine option parameter completely and always uses PCI accessor
> functions nowadays (since commit 9c268f8ae84ae186).
> Question is: Is it worth the effort to try to restore the original
> intended behavior for the ISA test here, or shall we rather simply
> remove it instead to save some testing cycles?

The right way to fix it would be to use qgraph.  Second best option is
to nuke it, because the conversion to qgraph would give the test back
for free without writing more code.

Paolo

* Re: test_isa_retry_flush() in ide-test.c
@ 2022-01-11 23:34   ` John Snow
From: John Snow @ 2022-01-11 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: Thomas Huth, QEMU Developers