* [cip-dev] Increase of visibility of the work done in Gitlab: proposal
@ 2018-02-08 16:25 Agustín Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustín Benito Bethencourt @ 2018-02-08 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

in order to increase the visibility of the work done in Gitlab I suggest one of these two
actions:
* Create a mailing list for development notifications where we can send the notifications
of the commits made in gitlab, including the diffs.
* Send the notifications to this mailing list and let users filter them.

I do not expect heavy traffic as long as we do not include Ben's repo.

In the same line, I suggest to do the same with IRC, expecting limited traffic.

Best Regards

--
Agust?n Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant

* [cip-dev] Increase of visibility of the work done in Gitlab: proposal
@ 2018-02-28  0:57 ` Jeff ErnstFriedman
From: Jeff ErnstFriedman @ 2018-02-28  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Agustin,

Following up on this thread, I would like to raise the option of the
project moving from a Mailman mailing list (currently use) to Group.io. We
would see about a 50% savings over the course of the year and lower the
effort to create and maintain lists.

I leverage Groups.io with other LF projects and find it a better
experience. It is my understanding we can migrate all the existing content
to Groups.io for a one-time fee.

Please let me know if there is any interest in me exploring further.

*Jeff ErnstFriedman*
*jernstfriedman at linuxfoundation.org <jernstfriedman@linuxfoundation.org> *
*2201 Broadway #604, Oakland, CA 94612*
*mobile: 510.593.1367 <(510)%20593-1367>*
*skype: jeffrey.ernstfriedman*
*twitter: @namdeirf*

@ 2018-03-01 16:08   ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2018-03-01 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Jeff,

> Following up on this thread, I would like to raise the option of the
> project moving from a Mailman mailing list (currently use) to Group.io.
> We would see about a 50% savings over the course of the year and lower
> the effort to create and maintain lists.

Is there a way to get an archive extracted from the groups.io platform?

Daniel

* [cip-dev] Increase of visibility of the work done in Gitlab: proposal
@ 2018-03-01 17:05     ` Jeff ErnstFriedman
From: Jeff ErnstFriedman @ 2018-03-01 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Daniel,

I would need to see if there are any caveats, but in the FAQ here are the
instructions to get an archive extract:
https://groups.io/static/help#how-can-i-download-my-member-list-and-message-archive,
so it seems a straight forward process to me.

@ 2018-03-01 17:19       ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2018-03-01 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

On 01.03.2018 18:05, Jeff ErnstFriedman wrote:
> I would need to see if there are any caveats, but in the FAQ here are
> the instructions to get an archive
> extract:?https://groups.io/static/help#how-can-i-download-my-member-list-and-message-archive,
> so it seems a straight forward process to me.

Ah, though this seems only available for the admin of the list.

* [cip-dev] Increase of visibility of the work done in Gitlab: proposal
@ 2018-03-02 10:33   ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2018-03-02 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

On 2018-02-28 01:57, Jeff ErnstFriedman wrote:
> Agustin,
>
> Following up on this thread, I would like to raise the option of the
> project moving from a Mailman mailing list (currently use) to Group.io.
> We would see about a 50% savings over the course of the year and lower
> the effort to create and maintain lists.

Maybe we should discuss the numbers at board level.

> I leverage Groups.io with other LF projects and find it a better
> experience. It is my understanding we can migrate all the existing
> content to Groups.io for a one-time fee.

Seems like a an interesting project, but it's a one-man show, and I
would be careful with relying on it at that point.

Jan