* image size is wrong in EDID, how to use EDID quirks
@ 2019-09-13  4:21 zhangn1985
From: zhangn1985 @ 2019-09-13  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dri-devel

Dear developers

I have a Samsung 40’ HDMI TV, which has wrong EDID.

The actaul size of this TV is 40’ (88cm*49cm), but in EDID the size is 49’ (106*63cm)

Thus makes image size is larger than screen, both in console and desktop.

In order to correct, use edid firmware is a chioce.
But I want to use edid quirk to fix the size.

Should I also change timing accordingly?

BR.
Ning.

* Re: image size is wrong in EDID, how to use EDID quirks
@ 2019-09-13 16:47 ` Adam Jackson
From: Adam Jackson @ 2019-09-13 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhangn1985, dri-devel

On Fri, 2019-09-13 at 04:21 +0000, zhangn1985@outlook.com wrote:
> Dear developers
>
> I have a Samsung 40’ HDMI TV, which has wrong EDID.
>
> The actaul size of this TV is 40’ (88cm*49cm), but in EDID the size
> is 49’ (106*63cm)
>
> Thus makes image size is larger than screen, both in console and
> desktop.

That's not how EDID works in Linux. It's only used to compute the DPI
of the screen, not to scale the image. If the image on the TV looks
like it extends off the edge of the TV you need to find the "overscan"
setting in your TV and turn it off.

- ajax

* 答复: image size is wrong in EDID, how to use EDID quirks
@ 2019-09-14  2:59   ` 张 宁
From: 张 宁 @ 2019-09-14  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Jackson, dri-devel

Thank you, after adjust TV image settings, screen display normally.

发送时间: Saturday, September 14, 2019 12:47:39 AM
收件人: zhangn1985@outlook.com <zhangn1985@outlook.com>; dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org <dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org>
主题: Re: image size is wrong in EDID, how to use EDID quirks