* Re: Linux Files needed for PXE network boot
@ 2018-04-20  9:21 Hussin, Mohamad Noor Alim
From: Hussin, Mohamad Noor Alim @ 2018-04-20  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Maybe grub file bootx64.efi do not have network module.  You can try to use grub provided by Ubuntu http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/uefi/grub2-amd64/current/grubnetx64.efi.signed

Or  build your own grub that build-in with network capability.

In your root tftp server create a grub folder with grub.cfg.
/tftpboot/grub/grub.cfg

Your grub.cfg should look like this
=============================
Set timeout 5

menuentry "core-image-sato" {
    linux image/bzImage
    initrd image/initrd
}

==============================

Put your image in tftp root
/tftpboot/image/bzImage
/tftpboot/image/initrd

If you want to put your rootfs in NFS. You need to include network module in kernel and  extract your rootfs for example to /srv/rootfs.  Then your grub.cfg should be like this

===================== grub.cfg ============================================
Set timeout 5

menuentry "core-image-sato-NFS" {
    linux image/bzImage root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=192.168.1.1:/srv/rootfs,hard,tcp,intr ip=dhcp
    initrd image/initrd
}

Alim Hussin

* Linux Files needed for PXE network boot
@ 2018-04-16 19:42 Raymond Yeung
From: Raymond Yeung @ 2018-04-16 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto