* [Qemu-devel] String properties defaults must be dynamically allocated
@ 2015-06-17 11:38 Liviu Ionescu
From: Liviu Ionescu @ 2015-06-17 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature (to me it looks like a bug), but if the string pointer associated with a string property is initialised during inits with a pointer to a static string, the next qdev_prop_set_string() will fail attempting to free the static object.

the workaround is to g_strdup() the default static string.

regards,

Liviu

* Re: [Qemu-devel] String properties defaults must be dynamically allocated
@ 2015-06-17 13:16 ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2015-06-17 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liviu Ionescu, QEMU Developers

On 17/06/2015 13:38, Liviu Ionescu wrote:
> I don't know if this is a bug or a feature (to me it looks like a
> bug), but if the string pointer associated with a string property is
> initialised during inits with a pointer to a static string, the next
> qdev_prop_set_string() will fail attempting to free the static
> object.
>
> the workaround is to g_strdup() the default static string.

It's neither a bug nor a feature.  You can just use
qdev_prop_set_string() itself to initialize the property.

Paolo