* UHS Support
@ 2012-05-18  4:03 Philip Rakity
From: Philip Rakity @ 2012-05-18  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mmc; +Cc: Aaron Lu, Arindam Nath

Voltage for vcc/vccq is supplied on some of our boards for SD using either a dedicated voltage supply at 3.3v.

The SD controller indicates in the capability1 register (caps[1])  that UHS is supported but since 1.8v is not available in practice there is no support.

There are two ways I can see to solve this problem

a) allow caps[1] to be passed in (like caps[0]) is today via a quirk) and have the caller to sdhci_add_host() just clear the bits for UHS support.
b) define a new quirk that indicates UHS is not supported.

I favor a) but wanted the list to have a chance to respond if there is a preference.

Philip

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-05-18  4:06 UTC | newest]