* Soc-DSP / Dynamic PCM
@ 2012-04-25  8:08 Sebastien LEDUC
From: Sebastien LEDUC @ 2012-04-25  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alsa-devel

Hi
I have seen some discussion on the mailing list about upcoming changes in ASoC for soc-dsp support / dynamic PCM.
Could somebody explain what is the purpose of these changes?
Is there a branch where I can have a look to the on-going work?

Thanks
Regards,
Sebastien

* Re: Soc-DSP / Dynamic PCM
@ 2012-04-27 16:22 ` Liam Girdwood
From: Liam Girdwood @ 2012-04-27 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien LEDUC; +Cc: Alsa-devel

On 25 April 2012 09:08, Sebastien LEDUC <sebastien.leduc@stericsson.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have seen some discussion on the mailing list about upcoming changes in ASoC for soc-dsp support / dynamic PCM.
> Could somebody explain what is the purpose of these changes?

The purpose is to support on SoC DSP devices that can route digital
audio from ALSA PCM devices to multiple SoC DAIs at runtime (like OMAP4
ABE).

> Is there a branch where I can have a look to the on-going work?

Sure, my TI lrg/topic/3.5-rebase ABE branch is probably best to take a
look atm as it shows the ABE and DPCM code together.

gitorious.org:omap-audio/linux-audio.git

You can also try the code if you have a Pandaboard.

Regards

Liam